What's new

Wanted: Canadians For Passaround

Status
Not open for further replies.
X3 ... SWMBO is starting to wonder if all the supplies that have been showing up at my door are actually for a passaround or if I'm just trying to sneak them into my stash

X3 ... SWMBO is starting to wonder if all the supplies that have been showing up at my door are actually for a passaround or if I'm just trying to sneak them into my stash
Hahaha I'll bet. She'd be like "yeah right! Like a bunch of grown men are gonna share shaving supplies"

Well she just saw my brush collection all together at one time... She wasn't impressed... Thank the shaving God's she doesn't know how much they cost!

Waiting on a list from Purplemonkey. I'm hoping by tonight or tmr I'll have the thread links up, rules posted, list set and things rolling

So I figure while I'm waiting on a few things from Purplemonkey I might as well throw this on here so you can all see it and give your feedback on what you like and don't like so we can all be happy campers! Now you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time but I think that everybody will be able to agree to these guidelines. Ill post up the finalized version on the first post of each coast thread along with a list of the items of each box and a picture everything.

The Great Canadian Pass Around Box Rules and Regulations

Time with Box:
- The Box, will be passed down the preset list we have determined which will be included in the first post of each coasts respected thread.

- Each member will have a week, full 7 days, with the box starting when it first arrives by post. It is each member’s duty as part of the team to report on the coast thread the box belongs to when it arrives and its contents along with a picture of everything inside.

- During your week with the box, it is strongly encouraged to review the items you use day by day on the coast thread. Tell us what you liked and disliked half the fun is hearing about your experience.
- When your week is up, you can swap out any item you enjoyed for one from your own den. Whatever items you decide to take you must make the utmost attempt to replace them with items of equivalent value so we don’t end up with a box full of stuff nobody wants.

- When you send the box, it is your responsibility to contact the next in line to receive their shipping information. We understand life is busy and you may need a day or two to get it shipped out but PLEASE try to get it done ASAP.

- When you send the box out, you MUST post the tracking number on the coast thread so we can all keep track of its progress.

- If you wish to be added to the list, you must chose which end of the list you would like to added on too and we can attempt to ensure you will be included.

Using Items in the Box:
- This is a disclaimer; if you decide to use any of the included items do so at your own risk. You are responsible for cleaning any hardware used, any soaps/software you decide to use do so in a sanitary manner. With soaps or creams, scrape or chip content out as too preserve and maintain its viability for the hypochondriacs out there.

- If you do decide to take a soap/cream you must, as with hardware, replace it with a software (New would be preferable).

- All items will be leaving each respective coast cleaned and disinfected, it becomes your responsibility from there on out to keep it that way.

- Feel free to add anything you want to the box when you get it. Although you do not have to swap out anything you can contribute to the box if you feel like being generous.

Sounds like a good set of rules.

Pretty sure the Wild Rose Party had agreed to annex Montana as their first act in power in Alberta. But, they ended up losing the election, so until there are some new developments, we need to keep the box out of the disputed territories:lol:

A problem that we had with the first box, though I'm not sure what the solution might be:
Between time in transit and spending a week with every user, it can take the box a year or more to complete its journey. Understandably, during that time the guy listed as number 20 might lose interest in the box or maybe become less active on the forum. The problem is that we still took some time waiting for PM responses from those members only to have them delay response, keep the box for longer than others members because they don't get around to mailing it, and don't really post anything during the week.

So, sometimes when we pursued members through PM even though they had lost interest in the thread, we might have 2/3 weeks during which the box has little to no updates.

Not sure if there is a way to avoid this without accidentally missing members on the list who were looking forward to participating?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
A week is not too bad but yes it will take time. If you ask for the next address when you receive the box, it should give enough time for the next member to respond. If not, email, if nothing after a week skip

I would however not add anyone once it's launched otherwise the last person could wait a year and a half...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom