What's new

Vintage April, 2024

Fascinating that we are so much apart as we are together. We seemed to have been using the Short Comb simultaneously across the world at least. Don’t you just love universal energy?!
Absolutely Guido my friend!

Odd that I picked the SC before I saw your interesting post. I do not always believe in coincidence.

I think it is an offshoot of quantam physics. An insane thing, yet it grows in study by the day. Both infinite parallel universes are now accepted and also the idea of infinite outcomes for us. Theoritically are trillions of Guidos and Simons all interacting differently in trillions of alternative universes. (the creater obviously has a strong sense of humour) and maybe there is the key to telepathy also in there.

Niels Bohr the famous Danish Jewish physicist asked Einstein in the 1920's to work with him on the early stages of quantum mechanics. Einstein said no, because it "gave him the creeps"!

We have much to learn.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Sunday 20240414
366 Shaves in 2024: 105 of 105 = 100%
Adjustable April 2024
Synthetic Sunday
Vintage April 2024
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Adjustable (Setting = 5)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (1 shave, 2 passes)

Monday 20240415
366 Shaves in 2024: 106 of 106 = 100%
Adjustable April 2024
Vintage April 2024
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (2 shaves, 4 passes)

Tuesday 20240416
366 Shaves in 2024: 107 of 107 = 100%
Adjustable April 2024
Vintage April 2024
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (3 shaves, 6 passes)

Wednesday 20240417
366 Shaves in 2024: 108 of 108 = 100%
Adjustable April 2024
Vintage April 2024
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (4 shaves, 8 passes)
20240414_113827~2.jpg

Brush: AP Shave Co White (AP Shave Co 26mm G5C Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch
Aftershave: RazoRock The Stallion

Superb 2-pass shaves!

Please visit My Journal for shave notes.

I think it is an offshoot of quantam physics
You are probably right, but that’s a subject I can only attest to by saying it’s over my head. I watched Oppenheimer and although I certainly understand it winning big at the Oscar’s the content of the science-y bits were all abracadabra to me. I am more philosophy than physics. I do believe/know there is more between heaven and earth for sure.

Back to our regularly scheduled program which company makes that wonderful soap you used? I saw others with Unisex Shaving Soap, but if I google that I get everything but that other than a seller on eBay. It sounds like a good replacement for MWF?

Cheers,

Guido (the one who’s here on Earth)

18 April

Darwin De Luxe (X4) • 7 O'Clock Yellow
Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver •
Yaqi Rainbow
IMG_20240418_060801309.jpg

I find modern blades sit incredibly tight on the blade posts so to save my fingers taking them out I always have to snip off a tiny amount with a punch. The only blade I've found this doesn't apply to is a Feather (go figure), but I actually find them a bit much in this.

The Darwin offers a wonderfully close shave but you need lots of care and a very light touch - or it'll bite! Lovely shave this morning in combo with one of my favourite blades and soaps.

There's something about using this that just hits a little different.

Back to our regularly scheduled program which company makes that wonderful soap you used? I saw others with Unisex Shaving Soap, but if I google that I get everything but that other than a seller on eBay. It sounds like a good replacement for MWF?
The maker of this soap posted a video showing how it's made:
There is a link to his website in the description of the video.

I'm tempted to break GRUYERE :facep:

which company makes that wonderful soap you used? I saw others with Unisex Shaving Soap, but if I google that I get everything but that other than a seller on eBay. It sounds like a good replacement for MWF?
Here is her website which gives full product details of the range.

Home | Dr. R. Tantra - https://rtantra7.wixsite.com/rtantrasoaps

She sells on the UK ebay indeed, that appears to be the major outlet.

There is a No.1, 2 and 3 formula. No.1 basically smells like sheep. It's a rich, nourishing smell, quite gamey. Smells like a cross between a farm shop and a good dinner. I love it. The scent is not lingering at all and your choice of any AS or balm will completely dominate after.

The other two appear to have more essential oils and the tallow smell has been taken down a notch. I have a puck of No.3 to start after I finish this.

It's actually a softish soap, not hard to lather at all. All the performance you would ever want. Amazing lather and glide, with a great post shave feel.

I'm guessing it's similar to Stirling's tallow soap, and their Electric Sheep? However I hazard to say, this may be better?

IMG_20230729_183956558.jpg

Here is the ingredients list on the back
IMG_20230729_184124346.jpg

Wonderful minimalist packaging. The pucks are quite small, but they last and last.

I keep mine in an old chocolate tin after thoroughly air drying the puck for 24 hours.

Last edited:
Date18.04.2024
366 daily shaves
109/366

RazorBladeBrush
Matador DeluxeSilver Star (4)Abe’s Brush Works Big Boy G5C
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (91)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
(details here)
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)4.5/10 (Sharpish)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.25/10
(DFS++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary. A nice relaxing shave with one of my more effective razors. Flying under the radar at times, but the Matador Deluxe is a gem in disguise.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Top Bottom