What's new

Undies

Here's the deal guys: I work and live in the Mojave desert. I have recently had a reappraisal and re wardrobe of my entire undo stock. Absolutely the best skivvies for the conditions you describe are Adidas Sport Performance. They come in 3 leg lengths: Trunk, Boxer Brief and 9" midway. They are all close-fitting, but the crotch is tailored such that it doesn't constrict or stifle your junk. THE BEST UNDERWEAR IVE EVER WORN IN HEAT OR OTHERWISE. I collect underwear like some of you guys collect DE's, so I know what I'm talking about. I have Calvin Klein, Champion, Body Glove, Uniqlo, Penguin, and Adidas owns them all! Kohl's sells them at a buy one get one half off pricing, so you can score 4 pair for around $36. Not cheap, but an excellent value. Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and Ross sometimes have them priced singly or in doubles for $6-$7 a pair. Cotton is widely believed to be the go-to fabric for hot conditions, but the current state of technical fabrics has far surpassed it in terms of moisture and odor control, as well as personal comfort.

Ummm. I checked these out and I'm thinking that the people who wear these don't pee? Totally unzip, unbelt, to pull down at the waist to pee? Is that how it's done? What's with that?

Dude you actually use the fly in underwear? To each his own I guess. I wear a full suit and tie every day and I pee a lot in the morning because of my caffeine intake- it doesn't cause me any inconvenience. To me it would be way more difficult to fish my penis through an awkward slot in my underwear having only the gap of my unzipped fly to access it. Then you have the constriction around the base from all that fabric preventing a clean shake-off and resulting in urine dribbling down your leg when you holster your weapon. No thanks.

Last edited:
They are stretchy enough that you don't have to. That being said, unbelting is better than using the flap in my book.

bought a bunch of Duluth 2 1/2 years ago and by rotating thru they still are in great shape. lost two to the damn dog who got feisty with em. most comfortable I have ever found but the price is ridiculous now.

Dude you actually use the fly in underwear? To each his own I guess. I wear a full suit and tie every day and I pee a lot in the morning because of my caffeine intake- it doesn't cause me any inconvenience. To me it would be way more difficult to fish my penis through an awkward slot in my underwear having only the gap of my unzipped fly to access it. Then you have the constriction around the base from all that fabric preventing a clean shake-off and resulting in urine dribbling down your leg when you holster your weapon. No thanks.

Too funny! You're right though, "to each his own."

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

Now thats a good one :lol:
But I just don't get how it's any easier to unbuckle and untuck your shirt then tuck your shirt back in and fix everything again.
Just a personal preference i reckon

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Ok back on track!

I imagine Under Armor has to be good right?

I still like the Adidas review. I might pick up a test pair

Ok back on track!

Toothpick, I have not tried the under armor variety. However I have looked at them hanging on the rack and they seem to be too thick and offer a little bit too much compression for my taste. I'm telling you, Adidas Sport Performance are the Proraso of underwear!

91% polyester, 9% spandex. As with all fabric construction, the magic lies not in the fiber content, but the weave and the seaming.
Wicks moisture like nobody's business, feels sleek and smooth without being too slick to the touch, and no weird polyester smell.

All right Major Bludd. You win. Are you sure you're not working for Adidas? Anywho, with all your rave reviews and horn blowing and flag waving, I just had to buy some and try it out. I did say I needed to replace some of mine anyway, didn't I? Initial assessment so far, bears out that it is sleek, smooth and very light. No fly of course! LOL. Wicking ? To be noted when it gets hotter. Very comfortable though. By the way, the first package, (2 pair),was purchased at Ross's for $12.99 plus tax. Pretty darn good I must say if your size is available (limited stock). The next two packs were purchased at Kohl's, 1st package retail $24, the second 1/2 off for $12. Plus tax of course. Still, not too bad, but better at Ross if available. I must say that there were two versions, Climalite and Climacool. Not sure what difference but two dollars more for Climacool. Maybe Major Bludd can explain the difference? Or, contact Adidas I guess. The jury is still out on this but so far I like it. As far as doing your business, it is very stretchy and no problem taking care of same. LOL.

Last edited:
Ummm. I checked these out and I'm thinking that the people who wear these don't pee? Totally unzip, unbelt, to pull down at the waist to pee? Is that how it's done? What's with that?

I've never used the flap. I have to reach down to my knee anyway, might as well just roll it out the top. :tongue_sm *rimshot*

$Mwd7w.gif

I must say that there were two versions, Climalite and Climacool. Not sure what difference but two dollars more for Climacool. Maybe Major Bludd can explain the difference?
All right Major Bludd. You win. Are you sure you're not working for Adidas? Anywho, with all your rave reviews and horn blowing and flag waving, I just had to buy some and try it out. I did say I needed to replace some of mine anyway, didn't I? Initial assessment so far, bears out that it is sleek, smooth and very light. No fly of course! LOL. Wicking ? To be noted when it gets hotter. Very comfortable though. By the way, the first package, (2 pair),was purchased at Ross's for $12.99 plus tax. Pretty darn good I must say if your size is available (limited stock). The next two packs were purchased at Kohl's, 1st package retail $24, the second 1/2 off for $12. Plus tax of course. Still, not too bad, but better at Ross if available. I must say that there were two versions, Climalite and Climacool. Not sure what difference but two dollars more for Climacool. Maybe Major Bludd can explain the difference? Or, contact Adidas I guess. The jury is still out on this but so far I like it. As far as doing your business, it is very stretchy and no problem taking care of same. LOL.

The climacool fabric is all dense mesh weave with pores. There's a pro model sold singly in hangers called "Flex 360". It's Paneled and stitched together differently. Lower rise with higher quality waistband. Made out of the climacool fabric. They're $20 a pair at Kohl's (less if you do BOGOHA) but they kick *** and are worth it. But no, I don't work for Adidas in any capacity, they just make a product that is high quality that I've recently converted to.

Last edited:
I've found the ex officio brand underwear to be both comfortable and hold up well. The Adidas and Duluth both seem to be of similar construction. Anyone compared any of the brands?

Ok back on track!

I used to wear the Under Armors religiously, then I tried a pair of Reeboks in the same style and haven't gone back. The Reeboks are more comfortable, to me, and last longer. They're also a couple bucks cheaper per pair.

At first I thought I was nuts paying ~$20 per pair, but the comfort and breathability is well worth it.

I hate buying eBay Chinese crap, but I've been getting man view brand underwear, cut with a bit of a pouch up front very cheap and very comfortable

Top Bottom