Undershirt or no?

Which undershirt do you prefer?

• A-Shirt

• T-Shirt

• V-Neck

• None

• Wife beater

Results are only viewable after voting.
V-neck tee. In sports fabrics though, like Under Armour shirts. I don't worry about the cold, so something that helps me keep cool and dry is best.

t-shirt for me, if only to keep the pit stains from ruining my dress shirt. i'm going to switch to v-neck soon enough because as master classter mentioned, an exposed crew neck under a dress shirt just isn't cutting it

They are indeed quite proper, and will extend the life of the shirt I'm sure.

If you wear a scent, it's also a great place to impart a bit of frag since cloth holds many scents for more longevity.

But I just can't wear them. Makes me too warm.

I hate undershirts. I don't know why. I never wear them unless its cold outside. Can someone enlighten me as to the purpose of these things? I do understand how they can make a see through white dress shirt less see through, but that has a simpler solution imho. Is it to prevent sweat from ruining the dress shirt?

I seem to recall from my childhood being able to wear an outer shirt two days in a row if I changed the T-shirt underneath daily.

- Chris

No dress-shirt without a white cotton (normal- or V) shirt underneath for me! (Preferably ironed HOT).

When going out, I never wear undershirts. They are for office only!

A-shirt/beater to avoid the see through problem. Sometimes, maye even fairly often, wear a t-shirt with crew neck.

Used to really hate undershirts of any kind. Just seemed like a useless, constricting layer. But dress shirts really do not look right without them I have concluded and I have a lot of hair that tends to show through. Am A Shirt seems like a comfortable compromise. Not very restricting. I do not seem to tend to sweat through my shirt anyway.

V

VR6ofpain

I frankly don't understand the a-shirt. For me, the main purpose of an undershirt is to prevent sweating through the outer shirt, and the a-shirt leaves the armpits exposed.
I have always wondered this myself.

Under a shirt and tie I go with a t-shirt without exception. As already mentioned, my reasons are that it helps keep sweat next to my body instead of on my outer shirt, and I think it makes outer shirts look better (it makes white shirts look whiter, for example). I also enjoy playing with different pairings of colors of my undershirt and outer shirt.

You're just now figuring this out? :lol:

i've known it for awhile, the key is to resist temptation. unfortunately, there are so many things I want and I have to evenly balance my needs versus wants. now that my RAD is over I've moved into other things to obsess about :thumbup:

Under a shirt and tie I go with a t-shirt without exception. As already mentioned, my reasons are that it helps keep sweat next to my body instead of on my outer shirt, and I think it makes outer shirts look better (it makes white shirts look whiter, for example). I also enjoy playing with different pairings of colors of my undershirt and outer shirt.

Seems like I used to see grey and or even light blue undershirts for sale and i always wondered what the idea was. In particular whether they were supposed to be better for, say, oxford blue or striped dress shirts.

What are your experiments and what to they tell you.

I would say I do not sweat much, but that is not true! I find that when I am really sweating though, it is the back neck that is wet and it is my collar that gets damp, not my pits, for some reason.

T-shirt with a shirt & tie for the reason most wear them - to preserve the life of their dress shirts and to keep perspiration from staining light-colored shirts, or showing through dark-colored shirts.

Oddly, I only wear an A-shirt when I am attending an event where my jacket will be on for the majority of the time. Sort of contradicts my aforementioned reasons for wearing a T-shirt, but I find myself cooler and more comfortable while wearing an A-shirt under my jacket.

I always wear a T-shirt, under both dress shirts and golf shirts I wear at work. As someone from Houston mentioned earlier, even in the summer, a T-shirt helps keep me cooler. Since I grew up in Houston I started wearing them there, now that I am in a cooler climate of VA, it just feels natural to do it now. Plus it helps keep my good shirts cleaner.

Top Bottom