What's new

Tradere OC VS SB

Finally able to compare the two. I've admired these razors from afar since their debut in 2012.

The SB is mild and extremely efficient. It's the type of razor that you can use with minimal technique and still get similar results.

The OC is far more aggressive. This razor let's you know what you're doing right and wrong.

Both razors are well built and it's a shame they are no longer produced.

Anyone else have similar findings?

proxy.php

Interesting observation. I have both the SB and OC but have never used either. I had the SB as my holy grail for so long that now I have it I’m going to savour the moment. Waiting for the right time.

I have both and they certainly are grail worthy but to me daily users. My OC is a second generation and it's significantly more aggressive than the SB. I love the handles. Someone just sold one here for $400, probably could have gotten twice that. Photo is my OC.
20180715_061431.jpg

I was finally able to get a first generation OC in a trade. I have had 2 wonderful shaves with it. It is a very efficient razor. There is definitely good blade feel with this razor and it gives excellent results. I feel fortunate to have found this razor it is a joy to use.

I was finally able to get a first generation OC in a trade. I have had 2 wonderful shaves with it. It is a very efficient razor. There is definitely good blade feel with this razor and it gives excellent results. I feel fortunate to have found this razor it is a joy to use.

Where's the picture? No picture, it didn't happen.

I have #0036 OC.:001_cool: I've tried to get ahold of an SB head, but alas...

To answer the question: the machine shop the designer contracted with had QC and staff issues, which forced a sudden and unexpected change back to full-time employment for the designer, or so my understanding goes. It began as a hobbyist's ideal, that couldn't make the leap to larger production.

Actually, does anyone that has experience with them know if they are worth the current price over a Wolfman or Krave? Wolfman being less expensive when offered again by the manufactures web site. Krave being the least expensive and currently available by the manufacturer.

Actually, does anyone that has experience with them know if they are worth the current price over a Wolfman or Krave? Wolfman being less expensive when offered again by the manufactures web site. Krave being the least expensive and currently available by the manufacturer.
I can't answer to the Wolfman and Karve. I can tell you that the second gen Tradere OC is one of my favorite razors. It gets me as close as my Blackland Vector, Mongoose and various straight razors. I like medium sharp blades in it. Use a Feather, and you risk irritation and nicks.

I guess I am surprised that nobody has posted in this thread the obvious observation that the Tradere is no longer unobtainium, but rather easily secured by anybody who has the least bit of interest, since they are now made by Blackland razors.
A lot of you probably know this already, but in case somebody doesn't, the Blackland razor is not a clone or an "homage," it is CNC milled using the exact same program that made the original Tradere, because Shane at Blackland made a deal with Richard, who was head of the original "Tradere" brand.
The razor is now called the "Blackland Tradere" but the heads, both OC and SB, are exactly the same as the original Tradere. Shane did tweak the handle a little bit, mostly to give it more grip (I think), but it is substantially similar to the original handle; same length, same girth, same flare end. Beautiful razor, now available. So anybody who has been wishing they could have a Tradere, or wishing they hadn't sold their Tradere, or whatever, can now scratch that itch very easily.

A lot of you probably know this already, but in case somebody doesn't, the Blackland razor is not a clone or an "homage," it is CNC milled using the exact same program that made the original Tradere, because Shane at Blackland made a deal with Richard, who was head of the original "Tradere" brand.

I don't think is quite correct. Although Blackland did work with the original Tradere creator, the Blackland razor was reverse-engineered since the original plans/program were lost.

Although Blackland claims that the reverse engineering was "exact", he should know that that would be impossible since his design is based on a product that has imperfections and machining tolerances that differ from whatever the original model/program specified.

The original marketing materials that Blackland released clearly stated they this was a "reverse engineered" design as well as his comments in a thread on a different shaving forum.

I don't think is quite correct. Although Blackland did work with the original Tradere creator, the Blackland razor was reverse-engineered since the original plans/program were lost.

Although Blackland claims that the reverse engineering was "exact", he should know that that would be impossible since his design is based on a product that has imperfections and machining tolerances that differ from whatever the original model/program specified.

The original marketing materials that Blackland released clearly stated they this was a "reverse engineered" design as well as his comments in a thread on a different shaving forum.
Now that I read your post, I remembered that you are right...... sorry for the mistake. Thank you for catching it and making the correction.
In any case, the new Tradere is extremely close to the original.

I had one of the Blackland OCs - very well made and a good shaver. The head was a bit large for my tastes but the quality is top notch. Definitely worth trying one of these.

Hey all, I hope this is the right place to ask. If not, please point me towards the right thread.

My father gifted me his DE razors, one of which is this Tradere, which I believe to be a Gen 2. I tried one shave with it, but found it very mild, and I much prefer aggressive razors. But from what I've read so far, it shouldn't be as mild as I'm experiencing, even if it is a Gen 2. I used a 3rd use feather blade, so I will try again with a new blade. Also maybe I shaved at too shallow of an angle? Just looking for some tips / other's experience with the Tradere Gen 2 OC.

Attachments

• IMG_1725.jpeg
    IMG_1725.jpeg
    849.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1726.jpeg
    IMG_1726.jpeg
    728.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1727.jpeg
    IMG_1727.jpeg
    732.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1728.jpeg
    IMG_1728.jpeg
    729.2 KB · Views: 8
Hey all, I hope this is the right place to ask. If not, please point me towards the right thread.

My father gifted me his DE razors, one of which is this Tradere, which I believe to be a Gen 2. I tried one shave with it, but found it very mild, and I much prefer aggressive razors. But from what I've read so far, it shouldn't be as mild as I'm experiencing, even if it is a Gen 2. I used a 3rd use feather blade, so I will try again with a new blade. Also maybe I shaved at too shallow of an angle? Just looking for some tips / other's experience with the Tradere Gen 2 OC.
It is more likely that you shave with an angle that was too steep.

Shaving with the Tradere or the Pils or any of the iKon razors that had a similar design takes some people a bit of getting used to. They aren't 'plug and play' because the design is substantially different from most razors you have used in the past.

Keep trying it. Over time it should click. If it doesn't, or if you decide the razor just isn't for you, I don't think you would have much trouble selling it.

Top Bottom