What's new

Toggle lovers Club/TLC. Post all things Toggles here+ pics and tips

Thank you so much for the pictures and the video. i found it very interesting to see what the inside parts look like.
i assume that green stuff was corrosion or soap scum build up?
what do you recomend for cleaning a gold finished one I've read what others use I'm just curious your take on it as you have so much experience. i would also like to know what i can do to keep soap scum build up from clogging the adjustor. I was fortunate that i was able to soak mine to get it fully working. but as i intend to use mine to shave with is there a good cleaning ritual i should be following?
thanks again for your Help and sharing your knowledge
-Glenn

I just received this today. Looks to be completely unused. There is some slight staining on the white inner cover and the instruction booklet but the razor looks pristine and the 20 blade dispenser still has some of the original cellophane on it. I have other Toggles to use but this one is for show!

Attachments

• $$_57 (4).jpg
    $$_57 (4).jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 165
  • $$_57 (5).jpg
    $$_57 (5).jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 161
I just received this today. Looks to be completely unused. There is some slight staining on the white inner cover and the instruction booklet but the razor looks pristine and the 20 blade dispenser still has some of the original cellophane on it. I have other Toggles to use but this one is for show!

Congrats on this fine set.

hey that's a beauty there thanks for the peek Mike

Made a video for anyone interested in a mechanical demo. Good to show the functional differences.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, mine doesn't have the manual which you can see on the other short vid on youtube. I suppose to be super accurate I could stuff a 20 pack of blue blades in there which I THINK would be the right ones.

I need a miracle for this one, the end rotted off and now i am hoping for some miracles.......maybe tomorrow it will come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for some expert knowledge about removing the shaft after the toggle lever is removed. I've studied various patents on this thing, and notice there's a clip/ring (patent filing calls it a fiange #44) around the shaft that appears to keep it from being pushed out. I can see the groove in the shaft from Alex's pics. I'm wondering if this causes any problems with tapping the shaft out.
I ask b/c one I recently purchased had all the usual problems with dial, but also a slight bend @ bottom of shaft from a drop I'm sure. I was able to correct it after removing toggle lever and bending back with a pair of jewelers pliers. However I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and want to pull the thing out & check it more accurately.
I know I'm a noob to collecting razors, so before anyone gets to scared I may ruin something I have successfully disassembled and re-assembled a couple fatboys and slims that were in pretty bad shape. I even machined a tool out of a pair of snap ring pliers to clamp the ring back onto the slims correctly. My goal is to preserve these things for my own enjoyment.

Really all I'm asking is if there is a trick to removing the shaft.
Hope this is the right place to post.

Top Bottom