What's new

Tobacquisitions for February 2014

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The older you get, the harder it becomes.. so, now is the easiest time to score one! Do it!! :)

I've been watching the '69s on eBay for coming up on a year, but haven't found the right thing.

I was born in 68. Since we are only a year apart, what type of prices are you seeing?

I was born in 68. Since we are only a year apart, what type of prices are you seeing?

Typically from $100 to $250. It seems like $160ish is the sweet spot for a decent specimen. There have been a few I forgot to bid on.. one in particular would have made a fine "my birth year Dunhill", but I'm sure the real right one will come along soon enough.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Typically from $100 to $250. It seems like $160ish is the sweet spot for a decent specimen. There have been a few I forgot to bid on.. one in particular would have made a fine "my birth year Dunhill", but I'm sure the real right one will come along soon enough.
I will probably get one some day. I am anxiously holding out for the 2014 LE announcement. I am glad these occur around Father's Day- that is how I got my 2013.

A new Big Ben 500 sandblasted briar Calabash with meerschaum bowl arrived today...
$P1100555.jpg

Picked up a Big Ben Pipo pipe combo from pipesandcigars.com
Just had the Red Virginia in the kit and it's not too bad.

Got a tin of SG Best Brown flake, Perfection and a tin of Solani English Mixture. The pipe shop guy gave me a book about pipe companies from around the world as well of detailed descriptions of various tins of tobacco. Love Mr. Kawarada.

$Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 9.06.22 PM.png

This is a Spanish Comoy's Alcazar pipe that I got off Walker Briar works.

Really enjoying this pipe. It smokes really cool because of all those little rivets and it's just the right size for clinching.

I got some GL Pease Gaslight, Mac Baren HH Old Dark Fired, and some PS Luxury Twist Flake. My first leaf purchase in a while and all new blends to me.

Some old copper letterpress print blocks came today. I have a small collection of misc. letterpress type, so I couldn't pass up adding these to the collection. Both together as shown are almost the size of a quarter.

$image.jpg

Top Bottom