What's new

Those of you who take a multi, what do you use?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
The Mrs. and I daily take Centrum Silver.

http://www.centrum.com/centrum-silver-adults-50-plus#tablets

proxy.php
"Healthy living is like vitamins...we supplement each other's minimum daily requirements". Author Unknown

Attachments

• $p-silver-adults.jpg
    $p-silver-adults.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 434
Jumped on the Orange Triad bandwagon. Gotta say that this is the first multi i can actually feel that works. Great job on the recommedation guys!

Jumped on the Orange Triad bandwagon. Gotta say that this is the first multi i can actually feel that works. Great job on the recommedation guys!

I've been doing OT (and NOW Ultra Omega) for about 40 days now. No problems to report.

You never know how a vitamin will work, and I always take word of mouth recommendations with a grain of salt, but these two products are certainly not causing me any issues and I've been feeling pretty good mentally and physically.

The Omegas are not causing me any fishy repeats, which is great!

I have not been experiencing the usual creaky and sore knees after working with the kids at Little League practices, so maybe the 'joint formula' in the OTs really works. The 'digestion & immune formula' of the OT feels like it's helping, too. It certainly isn't hurting.

I'll continue to use them doing the full 6 tabs of OT and 4 gels of Omega daily broken up into two doses.

The OT does not keep me awake at night even if I take them after 9PM, which is convenient since I often don't get a chance to eat dinner until pretty late.

The Mrs. and I daily take Centrum Silver.

http://www.centrum.com/centrum-silver-adults-50-plus#tablets

proxy.php
"Healthy living is like vitamins...we supplement each other's minimum daily requirements". Author Unknown

Don't waste you cash on something that has zero benefit. There are much better suggestions in here (and for not all that much more money)

Awesome. Proper doses of quality vitamins you may not always feel, but your body knows the difference as it knows what it can use and what it will be disgarding immediately.

Do you guys take six of the Orange Triad capsules daily? It seems like a ton

The better vitamins (OT, Orthocore, Anavite) are all 6 tabs. It allows you to get accurate doses. When you split the doses as per the recommendation: B-L-D, it's a breeze.

Imagine how little a "one-a-day" that has no effiacious doses or vitamin forms in it is actually doing for you....

The better vitamins (OT, Orthocore, Anavite) are all 6 tabs. It allows you to get accurate doses. When you split the doses as per the recommendation: B-L-D, it's a breeze.

Imagine how little a "one-a-day" that has no effiacious doses or vitamin forms in it is actually doing for you....

Only reason I ask is because I take medication morning and evening. I have a tendency to forget to take medication at lunchtime so it is easier for me to incorporate it like that.

This thread is interesting, particularly as I've been taking centrum fairly regularly for the past while.

Since it's fairly understood at this point that centrum is flushworthy, I found what seems to be a decent source for your #1 suggestion, Ortho-Core, and I'm willing to give it a shot. My question regarding Ortho-Core is whether there is anything in addition to that you'd recommend, other than a healthy diet, another supplement, etc. or is Ortho-Core really just solid as a standalone?

I've always wondered why my multi-vitamin never seemed to do anything. Now I know. I also ordered some of the Orange Triads. Thanks for the thread Illadelphia, it's been very informative.

Just had a look at the price... I get charged double over here in the UK for the same amount of Orange Triad.

Bodybuilding.com is very fair for shipping.

This thread is interesting, particularly as I've been taking centrum fairly regularly for the past while.

Since it's fairly understood at this point that centrum is flushworthy, I found what seems to be a decent source for your #1 suggestion, Ortho-Core, and I'm willing to give it a shot. My question regarding Ortho-Core is whether there is anything in addition to that you'd recommend, other than a healthy diet, another supplement, etc. or is Ortho-Core really just solid as a standalone?

Ortho is the best you can buy. If you have a hard time getting in greens, their greens and berries is superb. It has a very high dose of nitrates from spinach and beet root, which mimicks the effects of pde-5 inhibitors. Aka, happy sig other :biggrin:

If you have a hard time getting in greens, their greens and berries is superb. It has a very high dose of nitrates from spinach and beet root, which mimicks the effects of pde-5 inhibitors. Aka, happy sig other :biggrin:

And onto the order it goes, hopefully that will encourage me to drink a bit more water during the day.

Out of curiosity, do you have any experience with/knowledge of some of these other products that claim to help with sleep and the like, for instance http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/detail.aspx?ID=3804 I work nights and have trouble getting more than 4 hours of consecutive sleep, so it piqued my interest.

Thank you, by the way, for all of the knowledge you've shared with the forum, I just read through the entirety of this thread, and it was impressive.

And onto the order it goes, hopefully that will encourage me to drink a bit more water during the day.

Out of curiosity, do you have any experience with/knowledge of some of these other products that claim to help with sleep and the like, for instance http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/detail.aspx?ID=3804 I work nights and have trouble getting more than 4 hours of consecutive sleep, so it piqued my interest.

Thank you, by the way, for all of the knowledge you've shared with the forum, I just read through the entirety of this thread, and it was impressive.

Me sharing my knowledge is my small way of saying thanks to all the great fellas here who answer my questions and are just generally good people.

Anything involving melatonin should be taken in mcg's. Even the 1mg dose in that product is too much.
Still not as bad as some products I've seen containing 10mg. Which a brain numbing and harmful dose.

Actually trader joes has a peppermint melatonin chewable @ 500mcg. It's pretty awesome. Let me know if you have a tj's near you. If not, next time I'm there I'll grab you a bottle. Ymmv, but I was eating half a tab and getting knocked out.

Actually trader joes has a peppermint melatonin chewable @ 500mcg. It's pretty awesome. Let me know if you have a tj's near you. If not, next time I'm there I'll grab you a bottle. Ymmv, but I was eating half a tab and getting knocked out.

Being in Canada, I don't think I have any of those nearby, but don't worry about it, I'll figure it out, plenty of options on that site. Thank you for the offer though!

Just stumbled on this amazing thread, oddly enough as I began research for a new multi. I saw Vitacost mentioned, which is where I've been shopping for the past year.

Multi: Synergy Twice Daily Energy - So, after reading this thread, I assumed my multi was crap. When I compare the ingredients to OT, though, I see many similarities. Also, OT uses cyanocobalamin, while mine uses methylcobalamin. So what's the verdict? My diet is decent, my fitness level is within-standards (not great, but I pass height/weight and pushups/situps/run). I intend to step up the general fitness regimen, so I'll keep my eye on this thread. Also looking at NOW ADAM, but that lists both cyano- and methylcobalamin, and one can only assume that there's more of the cheaper option.

Fish Oil: Mega EFA Omega-3 - I take 2 in the morning, 1 at night for a total of 1200mg EPA, 600mg DHA. No problems with this product. Curious how this compares to the CL Orange OxyMega Fish Oil and NOW Ultra Omega-3.

Magnesium: Magnesium Ultra - started taking before bed to improve sleep, continued taking since I suspect that I don't consume the US RDA. Disappointing to see the oxide form listed first on the list, so I'm now on the hunt for something better. May get a magnesium + potassium combination.

It concerns me to see people supplementing Omega-6. The average American diet is chock-full of Omega-6. Has anyone's doctor/nutritionist recommended adding more​? And for Omega-9: your body makes it; really, it does. My internet recommendation, which others are free to contradict: focus your money and pill swallowing on Omega-3, or better yet, eat some fish.

I just found this thread.. I work in the vitamin and supplement industry. When I am not training hard for anything, I take Vitacost The Man 2 a days.

When I am working out and excersizing, I switch to Orange Triad by Controlled Labs.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
If P.T. Barnum were alive today, he'd be making a killing in this (highly unregulated) business. I think it's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors (as far as the marketing goes). Vitamins are good, but it seems to me that the more they charge the better and longer story they tell. Who really know for sure? If you believe the $50 multi-dose tablet is better, then all the gibberish about things like, adaptogens, segmented & reconstituted, pre-digested bile extractions and such talk will sound good to you.

But in the end it's just peeing a golden stream down the toilet.

If P.T. Barnum were alive today, he'd be making a killing in this (highly unregulated) business. I think it's all a bunch of smoke and mirrors (as far as the marketing goes). Vitamins are good, but it seems to me that the more they charge the better and longer story they tell. Who really know for sure? If you believe the $50 multi-dose tablet is better, then all the gibberish about things like, adaptogens, segmented & reconstituted, pre-digested bile extractions and such talk will sound good to you.

I imagine you have the nutritional biochemistry background to disprove any studies done by a company like AOR or you wouldn't have interjected.

Well, I think the major pharmaceutical companies are doing that with all their meds they are pushing on people who don't actually need them. I have a PhD in a statistics based field, and can actually read the clinical trial papers. The efficacy of most FDA approved anti-depressants are generally horrific by any rational standards. Not to say they haven't helped people, but there are better ways.

I have gained more in health (after a misdiagnosis that ran my health to near death) by dumping my doctors and their regulated pharmaceuticals and working with a competent naturopath using nutrition and unregulated supplements. Just because there are snake oil salesmen out there doesn't mean the whole industry is bad. My health recovery is all the evidence I need. I decided to run the experiment on the only test subject htat matters: myself, and here are my results:

After getting a correct diagnosis:
1. Worked with standard AMA doctor. Was given handfuls of pills from big pharma. Got sicker and sicker over a 3 year period following his care.
2. Fired doctor after he decided I had no input into my own direction of care and then found a good naturopath.
3. Within 3 months was off all meds that the doctor was prescribing except 1. Completely reversed and normalized all blood levels of triglycerides, cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. without the need for these super powerful meds. I reduced my BP meds from 3 meds all with high doses to 1 with small doses. I was able to repair my metabolism and heal my digestive tract over the next year. I lost 75 pounds without dieting or changing my eating/exercising habits. I expect to be off the last BP med by year's end.

I have more energy, stamina, clearer mind, and my new primary care doc raves about my blood work (she is actually supportive of my naturaopath).

I have gotten promoted with a large raise, started a side consulting business bringing in another 60% of my primary salary on the side, all thanks to this extra energy and clear mind. I expect to be full self employed making 2.5 times my base salary (which is already twice the median of this region) within the next 1-2 years. None of this was possible as I was spiraling the drain on cholesterol meds, diabetes meds, fistfuls of BP meds, anti-depressants, etc. Those things don't bring health. They may slow the onset of death a little, but they don't facilitate healing.

Just one data point. YMMV. Not all naturopaths work with all patients. But if you're looking, look for someone interested in working from a nu8tritional medicine approach rooted in nutrition, and not one trying to sell HcG diets if you are interested in health gains.

Top Bottom