What's new

Those of you who take a multi, what do you use?

linty1

My wallet cries.
Hi, real informative thread, right now I have a bottle of Centrum Fortes. I used to eat one... I think it was called Tiger-Vits as a little kid, have you ever heard of such? Opinion? Tried looking for TigerVits a while ago and can't seem to find them anymore....

I hadn't checked this thread, sorry buddy.
Let me get a side by side of the two labels tomorrow and I'll report back.

I too grabbed a bottle of AOR Multi. Problem is, The OP recommended the AOR Ortho Core product, which is a multi plus a bunch of other good stuff like antioxidant and phytonutrient complexes. I say "problem" because AOR Multi (Basics 3) has the cheap, inferior cyanocobalamin form of B12 instead of the more active methylcobalamin form, which Ortho Core uses. I don't understand why AOR would use different forms in the different products as they are both crazy expensive multis from the same company (seemingly) utilizing otherwise similar vitamin combinations and ratios. Makes me wonder what other ingredients they slacked on with the Multi Basics 3. I think the Multi's form of B6 pyridoxine is another cop-out, as Ortho uses pyroxidal 5 phosphate. Again, why the difference?!? If it's about money then I don't understand because these two products from the same company cost the same. BTW, I didn't notice the difference (between Multi Basics 3 vs Ortho Core and the different forms of B12 and 6) until after I'd already purchased it and broke the seal.

Illadelphia, other than the B12 and B6 slackage, is AOR Multi Basics 3 in line with what you'd consider a quality multi? And just how useless are the cyano and pyridoxine forms?

Just an update in case anyone cares.

I've been taking OT and NOW Ultra Omega 6 w/ enteric coating for a few days.

Looks like Controlled Labs has changed Orange Triad's folic acid content to 400mcg (down from 800mcg) per serving size. I'm not sure when the change was made, but 800mcg of folic acid would have been a deal breaker for me, so I'm really glad it's been lowered. So far so good with these vitamins. No stomach issues from the digestion formula in OT like a small minority have stated they've experienced in the various reviews I've read. All in all, I'm pretty happy about what's in this multi and the doses per serving. So thanks to Illadelphia for starting this thread and turning me on to the OT (I still hope the Flyers lose to NJ, though...sorry).

As for the NOW Ultra Omega 6 fish oils...I have had problems with several of the fish oil supps I've taken over the years with have some unpleasant "repeats" as they call them. I call them gnarly and hideous fish burps. The NOW product has the option of buying a 180 count bottle of enteric gels. I am very happy to say that I have been taking two gels with meals twice a day and I have had not even the faintest hint of a fish burp. So another thumbs up! I'm also happy because they're a pretty high potency and have the other things I look for in a fish oil (molecular distillation, anchovy-sardine-mackerel sourcing).

The price is good on both of these products, too. I got them from Amazon for convenience. They could be even cheaper elsewhere. I'm still going to do a separate Vitamin D supplement to go along with the OT. The OT has 1000IU, but I'll probably add another 1000IU in a dedicated D supp.

Just wanted to report my experience with these products with hope that it will be of benefit to anyone who's considering buying one or both of these supplements.

linty1

My wallet cries.
@Walter where did you get your Omegas and orange traids? I know Amazon has been mentioned here... from there? or a brick and mortor store like Walmart? Gnc?

Thanks, and how many do you take a day? I was reading some reviews and people said they were taking 6 pills a day (3 in morning, 3 at night), granted the reviews were from a body building site so it might be a little skewed.... you?

Just saw you found your answer.

Last edited:
@Walter where did you get your Omegas and orange traids? I know Amazon has been mentioned here... from there? or a brick and mortor store like Walmart? Gnc?

I believe some GNC's carry them, but not many. I've seen them in the past at vitamin world as well, although quite expensive.

Just an update in case anyone cares.

I've been taking OT and NOW Ultra Omega 6 w/ enteric coating for a few days.

Looks like Controlled Labs has changed Orange Triad's folic acid content to 400mcg (down from 800mcg) per serving size. I'm not sure when the change was made, but 800mcg of folic acid would have been a deal breaker for me, so I'm really glad it's been lowered. So far so good with these vitamins. No stomach issues from the digestion formula in OT like a small minority have stated they've experienced in the various reviews I've read. All in all, I'm pretty happy about what's in this multi and the doses per serving. So thanks to Illadelphia for starting this thread and turning me on to the OT (I still hope the Flyers lose to NJ, though...sorry).

As for the NOW Ultra Omega 6 fish oils...I have had problems with several of the fish oil supps I've taken over the years with have some unpleasant "repeats" as they call them. I call them gnarly and hideous fish burps. The NOW product has the option of buying a 180 count bottle of enteric gels. I am very happy to say that I have been taking two gels with meals twice a day and I have had not even the faintest hint of a fish burp. So another thumbs up! I'm also happy because they're a pretty high potency and have the other things I look for in a fish oil (molecular distillation, anchovy-sardine-mackerel sourcing).

The price is good on both of these products, too. I got them from Amazon for convenience. They could be even cheaper elsewhere. I'm still going to do a separate Vitamin D supplement to go along with the OT. The OT has 1000IU, but I'll probably add another 1000IU in a dedicated D supp.

Just wanted to report my experience with these products with hope that it will be of benefit to anyone who's considering buying one or both of these supplements.

CL also makes a very solid omega (orange flavor) to it that is not cheaper than the NOW, but will go on sale at times and be very affordable.

Got them from Amazon. Didn't even look at a B&M.

Getrippednutrition. Trae always has the best price on things. I'm working on my "i probably shouldn't spend this much" order for Quest bars from him soon.

What would you say is the best for joint care?

Thanks,

John

Topical celadrin is a great product NOW makes. Super cissus is another consideration. E-pharm joint force is my other topical recommendation.

Super cissus is another consideration. E-pharm joint force is my other topical recommendation.

Supper Cissus is one of the few things that USP has came out with that is pretty good. Animal Flex is OK, used it for a long time with good results. Currently using Primaforce Elastamine and love it and it real good price. I get bad joint pain from certain gear so a good joint supp is critical.

Last edited:

linty1

My wallet cries.
So I guess my question now naturally becomes: what is the best "one a day" multivitamin? 6 a day seems... a lot of gulping. And those Citrus Omegas look good, considering putting in an order.

So I guess my question now naturally becomes: what is the best "one a day" multivitamin? 6 a day seems... a lot of gulping. And those Citrus Omegas look good, considering putting in an order.

The more active you are the more of a supportive multi is needed. If you just want to supplement, there is nothing wrong with a 1 A Day Mens.

I would grab life force multiple. It's 2 a day. 6 a day servings, broken into two 3 pill doses is not bad (brk/dinner)

I think what gets most people are the formed pills opposed to the vegi-caps

Linty1,

It's not bad unless you have a serious problem swallowing pills.

They go down easy for me -2 tabs per swallow-, but I've taken a bunch of nutrition supplements for years so I'm used to it. My biggest problem is timing the meals right. The day gets out of hand and before I know it I've missed dinner and it's 10PM...I don't want to be taking a multi that close to bed time. So instead of doing 3 with breakfast/3 with dinner, I'm trying to take the OT in pairs 3x daily. If I miss the evening dose, at least I'll have had 2/3 of the serving size.

SIDE NOTE: Before I picked up the fish oil, I compared and considered the CL and NOW supps. The main reason I went with NOW is because they're a higher potency. The math worked out just right, four gels a day gives me the exact dosage goal I was trying to hit: 2gEPA/1gDHA (4 of CL's gels would give 1.6gEPA/800mgDHA). The fact that they're cheaper is a nice bonus. If the NOW gels had given me fish burps I would definitely be trying CL's product instead.

I have now simplified my vitamin regimen to Orange Triad and Super Omega 3-6-9. All seems to be going well so far. I did notice the California cancer warning on the back which was alarming at first. Reading some reviews on the internets calmed those fears. I was hoping to get Illadelphia to chime in though.

Just checking back in after 1 week using the new supplements. I would like to report that I have been feeling better in general since starting the new vitamins. I have noticed a reduction in soreness (DONS) after exercising and weight lifting, and I definitely have noticed the "digestive" benefits from the Orange Triad. I am taking about 4 Orange Triad multis and 4 Omega pills per day. Overall I have been very pleased with the results I have seen and they have been noticeable. I have also lost 5 pounds since I started counting my caloric intake WHILE getting back into weight lifting. This is a huge milestone for me, and many thanks to Illadelphia for his knowledge of eliminating snake oil from my diet :)

I've been taking Green Source from Puritan's Pride, any comments on this one? Supposedly your body can use it more readily because all the nutrients come from plants.

Top Bottom