What's new

Thinking About Buying A Simpson

I do have one last question for you guys. When I get the Duke 3 do I need to give it a shampoo treatment and then wait a day before using it or can I just dive in and go?

yes. shampoo or use dish soap a couple times before lathering up. Most of my badgers, including my 5 simpsons, turned the cup of water in which they had their first soak a dark grey with all crap that came out of the knots. Maybe it's just dye but definitely clean before using.

The one thing I absolutely love about the CH1 and D2 is their very short handle. While others may describe it as uncomfortable or difficult to use, I find it extremely versatile and easy to manouvre, especially when face lathering soaps. The CH1 Super is of course denser and silky soft on the skin, while the D2 is less densely packed and a bit scrubbier. The D3 is something "in between" both in terms of density (slightly less than CH1 and slightly more than D2) and face feel is still great.

Thanks for the info

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thanks for the info

My pleasure, Sir.

On a side note, in three weeks I'll be having a short vacation with my family and will be bringing a Duke 2 with me combined with a shave stick. It's a rather small but great brush. :001_wub:

I can't believe it but my Simpson Duke 3 in best showed up today! My hat is off to West Coast Shaving for getting this shipped so fast! I ordered this Wednesday morning and got the brush before noon today! The only thing that sucks is I can only shave every other day and today is my off day. Oh well, guess I'll just have to do some test lathers with it when I get a minute:001_302:.
IMG_0250.JPG

I did my first shave with the Duke 3 today and it was amazing! I can't believe that it took me so long to get a nicer brush. Even though my old brush had the same knot size and quality badger hair, the Duke 3 blew it out of the water! The Duke 3 has a much more dense knot, better backbone, held more water, had an incredible face feel, and created a thicker richer lather. If a Chubby 2 in best or super is even better than the Duke 3 , I will definitely buy it in the future. I am very happy with this purchase and what to thank you all for suggesting this amazing brush!

Top Bottom