What's new

The WhollyKaw Soap Thread

For a real treat...when you’re finished shaving with WK DM take any remaining lather from your bowl and brush and rub it into your face. Leave it there while you clean up your razor, etc. Then wash it off with a warm cloth. Wonderful moisturizing! May not even need an aftershave or balm. Seriously...this soap is perfect...Only other soap in its league is Grooming Department. YMMV...

So what's the deal with the toners? I'm trying to differentiate between splash, balm, and toner. I'm not a fan of menthol, balm is kind of meh for me, so maybe toner splits the difference?

Also curious to hear some reviews on the Fougere Parfaite release. I've been kind of craving a barbershoppy fougere. Since Rive Gauche has drifted into overpriced scarcity land on the eBays, I'm kind of looking into Fougere Parfaite, L'Occitane pour Homme (More straight lavender/pepper there) and Ghost Town Barber for a new EdT/EdP.

I've been dousing myself in English Fern lately on a geranium binge, but I seem to go scent blind to it pretty quickly when I break it out on consecutive days.

Eh, multiple rambling questions in there. 1.) How are the WK Toners? 2.) How's Fougere Parfaite's scent?

I tried a sample was not super impressed. I moisturize after my shave. So high fat soaps aren’t really needed for me. I like ones that soften my stubble not my face. YMMV

That's a great point - but can't you have both? And wouldn't something that softens your face, soften your stubble? Honest question.

So what's the deal with the toners? I'm trying to differentiate between splash, balm, and toner. I'm not a fan of menthol, balm is kind of meh for me, so maybe toner splits the difference?

Also curious to hear some reviews on the Fougere Parfaite release. I've been kind of craving a barbershoppy fougere. Since Rive Gauche has drifted into overpriced scarcity land on the eBays, I'm kind of looking into Fougere Parfaite, L'Occitane pour Homme (More straight lavender/pepper there) and Ghost Town Barber for a new EdT/EdP.

I've been dousing myself in English Fern lately on a geranium binge, but I seem to go scent blind to it pretty quickly when I break it out on consecutive days.

Eh, multiple rambling questions in there. 1.) How are the WK Toners? 2.) How's Fougere Parfaite's scent?
Toner vs Hydrosol vs A/S Splash

And wouldn't something that softens your face, soften your stubble? Honest question.

Correct. I find WK DM does an amazing job of doing both. In fact, I use a light layer of it as a pre-shave....I leave it on for a couple of minutes before I do a complete lather. Very effective,

Correct. I find WK DM does an amazing job of doing both. In fact, I use a light layer of it as a pre-shave....I leave it on for a couple of minutes before I do a complete lather. Very effective,

With respect to all things wet shaving - prep is the one thing I don't focus on enough. And of all things wet shaving, it's one of the easiest ways to avoid a messy shave. I got to smarten up.

I love Wholly Kaw, T&S, Declaration Grooming, Grooming Dept., SS, Turtleship, etc. Yea, I'm a fanboy of all those super slick, super conditioning soaps. They are all in my top tier. That said, I really enjoy classic soaps that may or may not be as good at post shave. To me its kind of like using separate shampoo and conditioner vs a combo product. Sometimes I like just good old great performing soaps like MdC, Haslinger, Tabac, etc. If I need conditioner afterwards, I use it. But some of these new soaps don't just post shave condition well, they actually are super slick and protective. So for me Wholly Kaw is an awesome, great performing soap that while being expensive per shave, gives a wonderful overall experience that I find worth the premium.

If you dig back in this thread I mentioned the La Fougere Parfaite scent, if you like Brut you'll love the new release scent. It's very similar but the difference being the sparkling citrus he describes in scent notes.

Toners I guess are for the guys who don't like the alcohol in a after shave. I would guess they are excellent as WK's products are all top notch.....

If you dig back in this thread I mentioned the La Fougere Parfaite scent, if you like Brut you'll love the new release scent. It's very similar but the difference being the sparkling citrus he describes in scent notes.

Toners I guess are for the guys who don't like the alcohol in a after shave. I would guess they are excellent as WK's products are all top notch.....

Man - that's either going to be a huge sale... or a huge hard pass lol! Not much in between on that one lol! I'm personally digging the idea.

Man - that's either going to be a huge sale... or a huge hard pass lol! Not much in between on that one lol! I'm personally digging the idea.
I adore Brut. I splash it on daily for work and atleast once or twice a week I get a female leaning in and actually giving a compliment in line for coffee. This is right in my wheelhouse

yes, it's Brut.... I've used it for the last 3 shaves, i really like it!

HOLLY COW.

I have things I've ordered long ago via amazon that still haven't made it to me, but today I got my samples!! I'm stoked!!

Top that with a nice hand written note, and some candy - if I like this stuff, I'll be loyal!

Attachments

• IMG_4043.jpg
    IMG_4043.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 310
Well I gave a sample it's first run today. Meh, it's not bad, but I think I might have read too many positive reviews by the time I used it and half expected the stuff to lather and shave me all on it's own lol!!

One kick at the can is so not enough and I look forward to trying again but wholly scent Batman. these things pack a punch!!

Well I gave a sample it's first run today. Meh, it's not bad, but I think I might have read too many positive reviews by the time I used it and half expected the stuff to lather and shave me all on it's own lol!!

Soap is all YMMV. For you, it might be a meh..for others spectacular. There are no Best Soaps. There are best soaps for each person though...

That's a great point - but can't you have both? And wouldn't something that softens your face, soften your stubble? Honest question.

Sure. I just don't need a soap to do that. I moisturize post shave and found it works better for me and allows me a closer more comfortable shave.

Is Washington blend discontinued? I can't find it on the site. Also, does anyone know if a DM version is on the way?

Top Bottom