What's new

The VEG Poll - Are You Chosen?

Are you one of the Chosen?

• Chosen

• Scorned

• I am too afraid to try it

• I will try it, oh yes, I will

Results are only viewable after voting.
On this whole thread not one picture of it.

It is difficult to post a pic, because the Veg can change its appearance at will.
For those that have not tried it....
$download (2).jpg
For the chosen...
$nature-landscapes_widewallpaper_lilac-garden_14565.jpg
And for the scorned...
$drunk-urinal.jpg

A good friend once told me that when someone says "Not trying to be offensive but..." then the very next words out of their mouth will be offensive.
Fragrance is subjective, and if you don't care for one, no one would suggest you use it anyway.
Feel free to disparage the scent all you like, but suggesting there is something wrong with people who do like it is indeed offensive, and if that's all you have to offer on the subject, perhaps it would be best not to post at all.

Well Phil, if I may call you by your name, I retract my comment as I wasn't aware that it would be taken out of jest. Surely my comment should be seen as a light hearted tongue in cheek comment, as it was intended. However, if in fact it has offended you and any other member of B&B I extend my sincere apologies.

Furthermore, if I have truly offended you, I will rescind my membership of B&B, at your request.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Well Phil, if I may call you by your name, I retract my comment as I wasn't aware that it would be taken out of jest. Surely my comment should be seen as a light hearted tongue in cheek comment, as it was intended. However, if in fact it has offended you and any other member of B&B I extend my sincere apologies.

Furthermore, if I have truly offended you, I will rescind my membership of B&B, at your request.

No worries if it was intended in jest. One of the most difficult things to express in the written word is intent / emotion.
That's why many folks use the convenient emoticons so that others reading can distinguish between a serious and a jestful post.
My apologies for taking your post the wrong way.
I was reminded of a recent dust up we had in a long standing Arko thread where proponents and opponents of the soap began to take the thread to a personal level instead of just commenting on how great the soap was, or how much it smelled like lemon pledge furniture polish.

Thank you for the clarification, and again my apologies for jumping to the conclusion that you were serious.

I'm just a few weeks into my Veg experience, but it agrees with me (and SWMBO), so it's in the rotation. Like most Veg threads, this one makes me long for the relative tranquility of a good riot.

...Like most Veg threads, this one makes me long for the relative tranquility of a good riot.

Dear Fellas: I can't believe how fast things move on the outside of these Veg threads. I read about an aquatic scent once when I was a kid but now they're everywhere. The world went and got itself in a big inoffensive hurry. The parole board got me in a halfway thread on other Pinaud scents called the "Pinaud Brewer", and a job posting welcomes on the Shave Clinic and Newbie Check-In . It’s hard work and I try to keep up, but my hands hurt most of the time. I don’t think the sub forum steward likes me very much.

Sometimes after posting I go to the another shaving forum and read some aftershave threads. I keep thinking that Phil might just show up and say hello, but he never does. I hope wherever he is, he’s doing okay and converting new Knights of the Veg Table.

I have trouble sleeping at night, I have bad dreams like I’m wearing Axe or something, I wake up scared, sometimes it takes me a while to remember where my den is. Maybe I should post me a political thread on the Newbie Forum so they’d send me home. I could insult the the steward, while I was at it, sort of as a bonus.

I guess I’m too old for these Non Veg threads anymore. I don't like it out here. I'm tired of being afraid of being mocked for smelling like a urinal all the time. I've decided not to stay. I doubt they’ll kick up a fuss, not for an old crook like me.

Dear Fellas: I can't believe how fast things move on the outside of these Veg threads. I read about an aquatic scent once when I was a kid but now they're everywhere. The world went and got itself in a big inoffensive hurry. The parole board got me in a halfway thread on other Pinaud scents called the "Pinaud Brewer", and a job posting welcomes on the Shave Clinic and Newbie Check-In . It’s hard work and I try to keep up, but my hands hurt most of the time. I don’t think the sub forum steward likes me very much.

Sometimes after posting I go to the another shaving forum and read some aftershave threads. I keep thinking that Phil might just show up and say hello, but he never does. I hope wherever he is, he’s doing okay and converting new Knights of the Veg Table.

I have trouble sleeping at night, I have bad dreams like I’m wearing Axe or something, I wake up scared, sometimes it takes me a while to remember where my den is. Maybe I should post me a political thread on the Newbie Forum so they’d send me home. I could insult the the steward, while I was at it, sort of as a bonus.

I guess I’m too old for these Non Veg threads anymore. I don't like it out here. I'm tired of being afraid of being mocked for smelling like a urinal all the time. I've decided not to stay. I doubt they’ll kick up a fuss, not for an old crook like me.

:lol:

I love your sense of humour. More of this is needed to lighten the moment or even the scent. :lol:

I have a bottle of it from years ago. I've used it twice, maybe three times since I bought it. I keep it, because maybe. Maybe one day.......

I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats (pee)!

Gentleman, last chance to vote.

At this point, based on the scientifically proven accuracy of a forum poll, the VEG is more agreeable to the masses than I would have ever imagined.

I just recently tried the VEG and found it mildly likable. Not terrible, but not amazing. Something I could wear, but would probably spend most of the day time at the back of the shelf.

Gentleman, last chance to vote.

At this point, based on the scientifically proven accuracy of a forum poll, the VEG is more agreeable to the masses than I would have ever imagined.

Perhaps those who have not been chosen are afraid to even open this thread?

$shaw06.jpg
I wish I could tell you that Topgumby fought the good fight, and the Knights of the Veg let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but the Aftershave forum is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - forum life consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, Topgumby would show up with new posts about reeking like cat urine. The Knights of the Veg kept at him - sometimes he was able to fight 'em off, sometimes not. And that's how it went for Topgumby - that was his routine. I do believe those first two posts were the worst for him, and I also believe that if things had gone on that way, this place would have got the best of him.

Attachments

• $5988417_std.jpg
    $5988417_std.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Scorned and the feeling is mutual. Bought a bottle thinking "It can't be as bad as some say". I was wrong it was worse....way worse. Used it once, put the cap on and threw it in the trash, and then spent the next 36 hours trying to wash every atom of the stink off...just awful stuff.

Went against my better judgement and splashed this stinky concoction on my face. I wanted to give it a fair chance even though it smelled horrid in the bottle. Wore it for an hour and even after several face washings, I smell like a powdery old lady! My wife said I ". . . smell like an old person!" Definitely not for me!

Scorned and the feeling is mutual. Bought a bottle thinking "It can't be as bad as some say". I was wrong it was worse....way worse. Used it once, put the cap on and threw it in the trash, and then spent the next 36 hours trying to wash every atom of the stink off...just awful stuff.

You've got to be kidding. You should have sent it to me. I would even have paid the postage.
cottontop

Went against my better judgement and splashed this stinky concoction on my face. I wanted to give it a fair chance even though it smelled horrid in the bottle. Wore it for an hour and even after several face washings, I smell like a powdery old lady! My wife said I ". . . smell like an old person!" Definitely not for me!

I already am an old person so it is ok for me to smell like that. But even in saying that I have to say that I love The Veg. Can't seem to get enough of it.
cottontop

Cotton, you are, of course, right in that I should have offered it to someone. Unfortunately, it never even occurred to me.....I just wanted that stink off of me and out of the house. I am pretty sure that was a one time, revulsion-driven, event as evidenced by the fact that I have given away several after-shaves since then.

Top Bottom