What's new

A Scary Decision

Well, not really. I'm just being dramatic.

I ordered a razor to give away to a friend I got into wet shaving. It came with 10 razor blades unmarked. It's in a white tuck and when I opened the box, the paper wrapping was plain white also. Blades are unmarked. Seem a little thicker than the brands I have been using (Treet Platinum, Dorco ST300, etc.)

These blades could be anything - I'm anticipating they'll be sub-par.

Poll: Would you guys load one up?:c1::c1:

No plans to pass on the generic blades. I'm giving him an assortment of well-reviewed blades.

I bet many of you will appreciate this: I'm old enough to remember the generic aisle at the grocery store where everything came in plain black and white packaging. There was generic potato chips, generic cigarettes, even generic beer. Most of them actually were OK in quality, not the best but usable certainly. Razor blades? Heh.

No plans to pass on the generic blades. I'm giving him an assortment of well-reviewed blades.

I bet many of you will appreciate this: I'm old enough to remember the generic aisle at the grocery store where everything came in plain black and white packaging. There was generic potato chips, generic cigarettes, even generic beer. Most of them actually were OK in quality, not the best but usable certainly. Razor blades? Heh.
Actually, the generic peanut butter was the best!!

Im Not No Way GIF

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

I lived on generic beer for most of my youth.

After the first 2 I forgot what I was drinking!

I've read the Dollar Tree branded disposable razors are Dorco. Wonder if the safety razor blades are Dorco too.

They often are Dorco, but not the better ones like Dorco Prime Platinum (the best one). There's quite a difference.

The Assured brand stuff is Chinese made bottom of the barrel stuff, so I wouldn't be surprised if the some of the blades were the same.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
If there are no marking on the blades whatsoever, you'll never be able to buy more. Worst case scenario they remove a bit of your face on the first pass. Best case scenario you think they are swell and spend the rest of your life chasing down the dreaded anonymous blade, never finding it and ending up a lonely wino begging for change.

So the decision is even scarier than you thought! :scared:

Top Bottom