What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions 2021

Tried this at my cousin’s home in Houston. I was surprised to find it at Spec’s in El Paso today. Yes, it is blue gin. Yes, the color is natural (from a flower, not food dye). Yes, it is very tasty and compares favorably to my favorite Bombay Sapphire. I drank it with tonic at my cousin’s but just made a very bizarre looking Martini.
78D87FE9-83E1-4BA5-990C-9ACD3BDD6A7F.jpeg
3A4E34FD-2132-4F85-BCD2-975E513F9B42.jpeg

$100 sounds right. Did you find it local or go to Utah? I thought I read somewhere they were going to stop distributing it and only sell it at the Distillery.
Local, they still have a case or two left but it’s going quick. Now you got me thinking about runnin back over there tomorrow lol.

My wife got a call from her companies mail room saying she had a few boxes. She’s been working from home for two years. So she drove an hour to the office. Unfortunately one box was baked goods for Christmas 2020. The good news is a vendor gifted her this. I don’t drink wine much but I know Stags Leap is good stuff. Anyone had this before?

84B56371-6510-402E-979F-BD83F35E2EAE.jpeg

My wife got a call from her companies mail room saying she had a few boxes. She’s been working from home for two years. So she drove an hour to the office. Unfortunately one box was baked goods for Christmas 2020. The good news is a vendor gifted her this. I don’t drink wine much but I know Stags Leap is good stuff. Anyone had this before?

View attachment 1361756
I have had a few Stag's Leap (Cab and a Pinot) and each one was very good. Unusual label, this a special reserve bottling?

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Tried this at my cousin’s home in Houston. I was surprised to find it at Spec’s in El Paso today. Yes, it is blue gin. Yes, the color is natural (from a flower, not food dye). Yes, it is very tasty and compares favorably to my favorite Bombay Sapphire. I drank it with tonic at my cousin’s but just made a very bizarre looking Martini. View attachment 1360754View attachment 1360755
I found it at Costco and picked some up after reading your post. I haven’t tried it yet but it will make for interesting drinks when the family is here for the holidays.

I’m jealous. I had a bottle of Midwinter Nights Dram about 5 years ago and haven’t been able to find it since. If you don’t mind me asking what was the price?
It is also available through the ABC Vault program. My son-in-law has gotten two bottles in the last couple years. Asking what he paid…

Last edited:
Is 44.00 for Eagle Rare 10 a good deal? I might get 1-2 bottles for next summer.
It's been a long time since I've had it. Very hard to come by here. I seem to recall it being ~$30 at the time, but certainly has gone up since then. IMO, this is within the "fair price" category. Especially outside of bourbon country.
One thing you may consider is the price/availability of something like Russell's Reserve. It's also a 10 year, though here much easier to find.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Is 44.00 for Eagle Rare 10 a good deal? I might get 1-2 bottles for next summer.
I would buy a few bottles at that price. It’s a little cheaper here, by about $5-10, but you can’t find it anywhere. If you buy it on the secondary market you’re going to pay $75-125 for it. It’s good bourbon and one of the last affordable bottles with an age statement of 10yrs on it.

Top Bottom