What's new

The Quest for Florida Water

That figures. My wife even said "Why wouldn't it be in the toilletries section?" To which I responded "The fella specifically said it's in the religious section!" Man, I'm lame. I'll check it out again next time though, we're there at least once a week anyway.

The last thing I want to do is get you in trouble with the wife! Feel free to cast me as the scapegoat here. Good luck finding it! :biggrin:

The last thing I want to do is get you in trouble with the wife! Feel free to cast me as the scapegoat here. Good luck finding it! :biggrin:

Hear ye, Hear ye! The quest has ended (for me at least)... I'll be an SOB if it wasn't under my nose the entire time. As I stated previously, my wife and I frequent the Mexican grocery market (she's Mexican and I do all the cookin, go figure...). Anyhoo, after checking the religious section with no luck, as y'all know, a tip from the one "Rutgers Football" (and a disreguarded comment from my wife) guided me to the toiletries section while we were the market this evening to get chicken. What do I find??? Three bottles of Florida Water available for purchase by me! How awesome... It's been a fun and rewarding quest.... As a matter of fact, a fantastic week of scores for me, I now have some Pinaud Lilac Vegetal and 3 bottles of Florida Water!

Thanks to all of you brothers, I couldn't have done it without all the good tips!

Hear ye, Hear ye! The quest has ended (for me at least)... I'll be an SOB if it wasn't under my nose the entire time. As I stated previously, my wife and I frequent the Mexican grocery market (she's Mexican and I do all the cookin, go figure...). Anyhoo, after checking the religious section with no luck, as y'all know, a tip from the one "Rutgers Football" (and a disreguarded comment from my wife) guided me to the toiletries section while we were the market this evening to get chicken. What do I find??? Three bottles of Florida Water available for purchase by me! How awesome... It's been a fun and rewarding quest.... As a matter of fact, a fantastic week of scores for me, I now have some Pinaud Lilac Vegetal and 3 bottles of Florida Water!

Thanks to all of you brothers, I couldn't have done it without all the good tips!

An arduous journey has at last borne fruit
The time has come to enjoy the hard-earned loot.

The Florida Water gods were generous in the gifts they gave
Pay homage to them with a sacrifice of stubble from a classic wetshave.

Until the next ASAD you have fulfilled your Quest
Or so you tell SWMBO, the others you secretly bought need not be confessed.

An arduous journey has at last borne fruit
The time has come to enjoy the hard-earned loot.

The Florida Water gods were generous in the gifts they gave
Pay homage to them with a sacrifice of stubble from a classic wetshave.

Until the next ASAD you have fulfilled your Quest
Or so you tell SWMBO, the others you secretly bought need not be confessed.

The gods were generous and so was my wife
Florida water is the fountain of life.
I've enjoyed my evening of hard earned loot
I've also enjoyed some musical fruit.

I myself scored 4 bottles of the sacred substance this week, directly from our friends at Lanman and Kemp. This really is an affordable, multi-use product that I plan to keep in my house at all times.

Despite some of the hoo doo business that it's famous for, The multiple uses for it listed are in my experience true. SWMBO adds it to her bath water and says it's great for rubbing on tired feet. Also seems quite effective on insect bites and various heat rashes (on my grandson, not SWMBO :biggrin:). Of course the fetching Mrs. GI, being a Philipino, was all about the hoo doo and spread it throughout the house to drive out the bad luck (the jury is still out on the effectiveness of this use.)

Try it as a pre-shave as well, this has quickly become part of my daily routine. Before showering, I run a sink full of water, add a few dashes of FW and my brush du jour. When I get out of the shower, I dry off my face and immediately apply FW. I let it dry down a bit while I prep my lather, then lather my face and shave. I follow up the shave with the warm sink water rinse followed by several cold water rinses. Then some aloefied Dickinson's WH then the AS du jour (which sometimes is another healthy dose of FW) Great stuff, really it is.

Last edited:
I just noticed Gary at Shoebox has the Murray and Lanham 7.5 oz bottles for $6.

proxy.php

I may have to add one of these to my next order....

My DC area grocery store source seems mighty slow in restocking M&L FW and the Walgreen's and the like around here do not seem to stock it at all. But I was in San Francisco at the Walgreen's on Portrero Hill near the hospital (kind of a funky area; PH seems to have quite the variety of neighborhoods) around midnight. Ironically, I had just used the last of my FW earlier that day. I was in no way looking for FW, but there it was. 7.5 oz for $4.45. They had the M&L orange blossom stuff, too, but no other scent stuff. Had brillantine (sp?). Seemed to be on kind of a Latin shelf, but definitely over with the shaving and hair care stuff, and not with any spiritual stuff.

I can't believe that this great thread has been going on and I haven't been paying any attention to it. I guess I'm like one of those guys that you hear about who was drunk and slept through the San Francisco earthquake. Anyway, I stopped in Beauty World today to look around and pick up a bottle of Kananga Water for one of my friends. Well--I had to grab one for myself too, didn't I? I got some other stuff too, but the winner had to be the M&L Florida Water. I had absolutely no idea what to expect when I splashed some on this afternoon after my post-PT shower. Man, it's fantastic. All of the spices really grabbed me, but the mint is something else. And it drives away evil spirits too! All that for three bucks.

I can't believe that this great thread has been going on and I haven't been paying any attention to it. I guess I'm like one of those guys that you hear about who was drunk and slept through the San Francisco earthquake. Anyway, I stopped in Beauty World today to look around and pick up a bottle of Kananga Water for one of my friends. Well--I had to grab one for myself too, didn't I? I got some other stuff too, but the winner had to be the M&L Florida Water. I had absolutely no idea what to expect when I splashed some on this afternoon after my post-PT shower. Man, it's fantastic. All of the spices really grabbed me, but the mint is something else. And it drives away evil spirits too! All that for three bucks.

Really glad to hear you like the FW so much. It is confirming for me, and for a bunch of others on this forum, I am sure, not that we really needed confirmation but it is still nice to hear. As I have said on-line before, I was not so taken with it at first, but I became taken with it over time, and it never disappoints me now. Something very uplifting about it! I understand the bubble gum and atomic fire balls descriptions of the scent that others have used, but even though I understand, I still adore it!

Count me as a fan of M&L's juices. I have Floride, Kananga, Rose and Orange Blossom. Love them all. They are great for weekends around the house. Nice to see Sanbourn's Orange Blossom get some pub in this thread...it is great as well.

Ordered up some Florida Water soap on the net. Have never seen it in a store.

Very likely scented. Does not actually smell like FW to me. Made in Peru. Maybe that makes a difference. I have seen on line but have never tried FW made in Peru rather than wherever must of it that we see around in made.

Okay soap, but nothing special in any respect that I could see. Fairly hard in texture. Lathers okay, but not great. Seemed neither drying or moisturizing.

Saw some new to me M&L/Crusellas type products in an Hispanic grocery, but did not bite, for once. One was Agua de Basil. The other "Love" cologne. Basil just seemed unlikely to be a scent I would want to wear. Love cologne might be great, but seemed like it had a big chance of being very girly. 7.5 oz Florida Water and M&L Colonia de Rosas for $2.99, though. A label I had not seen for the latter.

Noticed in the New York Times fashion, shiny magazine type supplement, that some designer has a Santeria "luck" candle. Maybe I need one of those! Could not hurt!

Ordered up some Florida Water soap on the net. Have never seen it in a store.

Very likely scented. Does not actually smell like FW to me. Made in Peru. Maybe that makes a difference. I have seen on line but have never tried FW made in Peru rather than wherever must of it that we see around in made.

Okay soap, but nothing special in any respect that I could see. Fairly hard in texture. Lathers okay, but not great. Seemed neither drying or moisturizing.

Saw some new to me M&L/Crusellas type products in an Hispanic grocery, but did not bite, for once. One was Agua de Basil. The other "Love" cologne. Basil just seemed unlikely to be a scent I would want to wear. Love cologne might be great, but seemed like it had a big chance of being very girly. 7.5 oz Florida Water and M&L Colonia de Rosas for $2.99, though. A label I had not seen for the latter.

Noticed in the New York Times fashion, shiny magazine type supplement, that some designer has a Santeria "luck" candle. Maybe I need one of those! Could not hurt!

i have picked up one of the "Alleged Good Luck" candles at the same store I found FW at. It was all of 2 dollars, and many-colored. no fragrance, though

i have picked up one of the "Alleged Good Luck" candles at the same store I found FW at. It was all of 2 dollars, and many-colored. no fragrance, though

I've seen those candles before. What was funny was that among all the various candles painted with pictures of Saints, there was one featuring Pancho Villa. :001_huh:

FYI... the Fiesta supermarket (Houston/Dallas/Austin Mexican grocery chain) near my house had something like six or seven bottles of Florida Water from two different brands (Murray & Landman and Goya(?!) ) last night. It's in the religious / international aisle, where the saint candles are directly across from the Indian/Pakistani food.

(it's at Coit Rd. @ Spring Valley in Richardson, TX, if you care)

FYI... the Fiesta supermarket (Houston/Dallas/Austin Mexican grocery chain) near my house had something like six or seven bottles of Florida Water from two different brands (Murray & Landman and Goya(?!) ) last night. It's in the religious / international aisle, where the saint candles are directly across from the Indian/Pakistani food.

(it's at Coit Rd. @ Spring Valley in Richardson, TX, if you care)

Goya with Florida Water, wow!

I love Fiesta. I've gotten so many things from there. Some that I can't find anywhere else.

At first I loved Royal Violets, but after a while I found I didn't care for it. Pinaud Tres Flores is probably the worst aftershave I ever had. But there's still the Florida Water, Kananga Water, and Colonia de Rosas. And for that I'll always be grateful. (Plus the Mexican Bread! Delicioso.)

I haven't scanned this whole thread, but one of the dollar stores that I visit occasionally now has a good supply of Laboratorios del Pueblo Florida Water.
Maybe your local dollar store has it too?

I'm waiting to use mine for the fall/winter seasons.

I haven't scanned this whole thread, but one of the dollar stores that I visit occasionally now has a good supply of Laboratorios del Pueblo Florida Water.
Maybe your local dollar store has it too?

I'm waiting to use mine for the fall/winter seasons.

Whick specific dollar store--that is, by name of the chain. I find the selection varies trememdously over what the exact name of the store is.

I had heard off lots of versions of FW being out there, but had only found the M&L version and a Chinese version. The latter is rather worthless. Nothing like the M&L. Just a light floral nothing.

Thanks,

Channing

Top Bottom