What's new

The MMA Thread

Nick diaz signs a new 3 fight deal. I guess he finally needs some money.

http://www.ufc.com/news/nick-diaz-signs-three-fight-contract-extension

He pretty much says he will fight anybody, or a title shot (wth?). Seeing as how carano will get a title shot against ronda if she ends up signing. It wouldn't surprise me if he did too.

His stated return time frame is the same as Anderson Silva's. I think it may be that fight. I hope it's that fight. I wonder if Nate will return to action as well.

If Diaz does get a title shot, the UFC's legitimacy continues it's decline.

Brown missed weight yesterday, over by a pound a half. Though he won't be fined because of a miscommunication with the fight doctor. I wonder if this will affect his performance. Weird, guy's been at 170 for ages and missed weight.

Brown missed weight yesterday, over by a pound a half. Though he won't be fined because of a miscommunication with the fight doctor. I wonder if this will affect his performance. Weird, guy's been at 170 for ages and missed weight.

That's what I thought. At first wondered if it had anything to do with his back injury, but that was last year and he's fought since then.

That's what I thought. At first wondered if it had anything to do with his back injury, but that was last year and he's fought since then.

I always worry about fighter performance when they miss weight because something went wrong with the cut and they may be exhausted when it comes to fight time. If Brown wins, the win could also be tainted because the bout is a catchweight and not a fight at 170

Biggest fight of your life and you miss wait.

Not that I hope there is anything wrong, personally or physically with him, but I sure hope he has a good reason and it's not just a matter of using the wrong scale or taking bad advise from someone.

Either way, I'm very much looking forward to the card.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
He surmised that the scales in the dressing room might have been a little off. I think that's why they're given a second shot at the weight cut.

Has Fox (regular network) ever shown the prelims before the main card? i can't recall that they have. But they will today.

Crazy fight. Rumble beat lil nog like he owed him money.

I was rooting for bermudez, lawler, rumble and cummins. Looked like brown faked the nut shot, the replay didnt look like he got hit there.

Top Bottom