What's new

The MMA Thread

Another good card.

As a bendo fan, i wanted him to win. But i think he lost this fight.

That KO from cerrone was crazy, I wish he could have done the same to Diaz. Damn it Gonzaga, where the hell was his cardio??? Stipe just ran all over this dude. He didn't look that great in winning either, i think he could have pushed and got a TKO.

Maybe they will make the 4th fight between Josh/melendez now.

Another good card.

As a bendo fan, i wanted him to win. But i think he lost this fight.

That KO from cerrone was crazy, I wish he could have done the same to Diaz. Damn it Gonzaga, where the hell was his cardio??? Stipe just ran all over this dude. He didn't look that great in winning either, i think he could have pushed and got a TKO.

Maybe they will make the 4th fight between Josh/melendez now.

I agree. Gonzaga needs to move to a different camp, like Top Team, AKA, or the Blackzilians. It looked like he was gassing in the first round.

Cerrone looked really good.

what makes it extra embarrasing is that Gonzaga is a FULL time fighter. Watching that Road to the octagon, Stipe is a firefighter. yet he still had the better cardio. No excuses imo. Not at this level

spoiler tags for brucey, and anyone else who hasn't watched the fights.

what makes it extra embarrasing is that Gonzaga is a FULL time fighter. Watching that Road to the octagon, Stipe is a firefighter. yet he still had the better cardio. No excuses imo. Not at this level

spoiler tags for brucey, and anyone else who hasn't watched the fights.

I think that Gabe is like Shonei Carter, he is the best fighter in his camp and he doesn't have anyone to push him. He trains with good guys but he need to be surrounded by guys who are as good or better than he is for him to improve.

^ agreed on all points.

too bad Josh broke his thumb, that was devastating to happen that early in thought as he was doing very well against Benson.

Cerrone looks awesome...Gonzaga looked awful.

overall a decent night of fights and I still have the prelims to watch tomorrow night.

Completely agree.

i also don't think that Bendo is getting anywhere near that title shot with this win. He didn't look great like he looked in the first Edgar fight and the Diaz beatdown. Not to mention his incredible fight with Guida. Of course Guida is not the level that his title fights were. But still, Josh was injured and he couldn't really do much damage. I wonder what the UFC brass will do now.

Completely agree.

i also don't think that Bendo is getting anywhere near that title shot with this win. He didn't look great like he looked in the first Edgar fight and the Diaz beatdown. Not to mention his incredible fight with Guida. Of course Guida is not the level that his title fights were. But still, Josh was injured and he couldn't really do much damage. I wonder what the UFC brass will do now.

In his last 10 fights only one hasn't gone the distance. I think he might be the type of fighter that fights at the level of his competition, in other words he does just enough to win. He needs to dominate and finish a few fights.

Completely agree.

I heard Dana said he wasn't getting a shot any time soon. He's lost to him twice and other guys are getting shots now.

I think this win will actually push Bendo into fighting lower competition. I can't remember one dominant win since he fought for the title (except Diaz), every fight has been close or worse questionable or flat out wrong.

Thomson said he might retire. I had hoped he'd win and fight for the title, I think Pettis would have wrecked him but I still would have liked it.

I really don't see a change coming at 155, I expect Pettis to reign for a long time. I think his only competition will be if Aldo decides to move up.

No onto our next PPV next weekend

Barao vs Faber
Aldo vs Lamas
Mir vs Overeem
Bagautinov vs Lineker
Trujillo vs Varner

I think this card could be good. I don't see any changes hands for the belts, but hopefully the challengers will put up a fight. I hope Mir can beat Overeem. Mir is so good on the ground, but he's always struggled against larger more powerful men. (Lesnar, Carwin, Barnett, etc). I'll be rooting for Uriah, I think it would be very glad for the 135 class for him to win.

Bagautinov vs Lineker could be fun too. These are some of the hardest hitters at 125. I hope Lineker makes weight, he rarely does.

My picks

Barao vs Faber
Aldo vs Lamas
Mir vs Overeem
Bagautinov vs Lineker
Trujillo vs Varner

I also pick that Lineker won't make weight.

Nice pics. Except for Lineker not making weight mine are the same.

I want Mir and Faber to win but it doesn't look good for either of them.

Mir needs to really consider retirement if he loses to Overeem.

Faber looked great in 2013, I hope that he can continue winning.

I really just want Mir to win for saturday's card.

Faber, barao, aldo and lamas. All those guys are cool in my book. Don't matter who wins there.

Saw on Twitter that Pat barry retired. Good for him.

They are voting this week to allow MMA in New York. Perhaps seven times is the charm.

Hope it passes, it's been WAY too long for this not be happening.

Did you guys watch the Countdown to UFC 169? What did you think of the new format?

A pic of GSP on the set of the new Captain America Film: The Winter Soldier.

proxy.php

Top Bottom