What's new

The lkon thread

When you go to their site to buy a razor it kicks you over the the Amazon store. It says this on the front page.

We are temporarily out of stock for full razors. Next batch will be ready around the middle of April.

Guess I will have to wait a week or so.

Or, order the iKon now and the Weber in mid April. Problem solved. At least that's how I rationalize decisions like this.....

When you go to their site to buy a razor it kicks you over the the Amazon store. It says this on the front page.

We are temporarily out of stock for full razors. Next batch will be ready around the middle of April.

Oh dear, that means too many people are ordering them and the price is likely to go up. :mad3: I'm going to start telling everyone that Weber razors suck.

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Or, order the iKon now and the Weber in mid April. Problem solved. At least that's how I rationalize decisions like this.....
Jeff is a Certified Nasty Enabler; pay no attention to him! Signed: Mike; Certified Nasty Enabler...

weber.com and order your razor.

I see what your talking about. His Weber Razor business must be booming. I ordered mine a few months ago directly from his website. They were never available on Amazon. He say's more will be available in the middle of April.

Just tried the iKon SB with a EJ chrome handle this morning. Fantastic shave. I used a SI blade (not brand new) and got very good results with just one pass.

$WP_20140405_09_18_08_Pro.jpg

My two favorite DE's are the Weber PH and the Ikon Shavecraft 101. To me they both are pretty similar, but I lean toward the Ikon just slightly. The SC101 is an aluminum head through, not stainless.

mswofford

Rest in Peace

I hope this clears up some confusion. If you go directly to Amazon, you get handles only listed. Go directly to Weber website to purchase; when you click on "purchase" it kicks you over to "Amazon Webstore". Amazon and Amazon Webstore are 2 different things.

Last edited:
I have the iKon slant head with a weber handle. Go for the weber, it is simply amazing, excellent heft and it's beautiful... In addition, the customer service from Ed is perfect and you'll have it delivered in 2 business days in CONUS

I love my Weber Handles, All 5 of them. When ever you have a problem with Weber they are quick to help out and send out a replacement,
But Ikon on the other hand :eek:/

From what I have heard and read a while back, Ikon/Greg isn't to good on getting returns, Usually says IKon't Help you LOL

Maybe since he is selling to vendors now he doesn't have to deal with people and customer service is better? Maybe and I said Maybe :eek:/

I like smooth, but when you guys say mild, are you able to achieve BBS with it? And in how many passes?

I get an awesome 2 pass shave with mine using Astra, 7 o'clock yellow, and GSB's.
It's a very nice DE. I use it more than any of my other 4.

I use the OC on the first pass and the SB on the 2nd.

Top Bottom