What's new

The lkon thread

Anyone? I am about to pull the trigger on one without hearing how well or not these shave???
$slant.jpg

+1 for Weber & iKon :wink2:

I've got a Weber Bulldog DLC & Polished head (sold the Wave handle) and an iKon Standard with Bulldog handle, Deluxe base plate and a Slant head.

They are all well made and give me great shaves, i think you will be happy with which ever you buy.

Thanks guys for the replies. I think I will go with the Weber when they are back in stock. Knowing me though, I will eventually end up with both.

Thanks guys for the replies. I think I will go with the Weber when they are back in stock. Knowing me though, I will eventually end up with both.

I think they are in stock, but you need to go to the Weber site instead of Amazon. Amazon just seems to sell the handles.

I have the SC101 and have been very pleased with it. It has a nice feel and is very well finished. I do notice a little difference between the OC side and standard bar side when I have a few days growth. It gives a very smooth shave, right along with my EJ89. It is also a little bit more efficient/aggressive than the EJ and that's exactly what I was looking for. I can also use the stainless steel handle on the EJ which is an added bonus for me.

I was deciding between the SC101 and weber, but went with SC101 since I got an offer for it on a trade I posted on the BST.

edit, just noticed you put a pic of the slant (which I do not have) not the 101

I personally didn't care for the iKon Slant. It is a fantastic razor, but less remarkable than my Merkur sledgehammer, probably due to the weight. I bought, tried and then sold my iKon Slant.

But Slants are a VERY personal razor...some like them immensley and others can't stand them. Take the plunge if you have the money. i spent it on Handles and a brush...lol

I don't think that's the Shavecraft Slant. For that price, it had better be all-stainless. A brand new stainless slant complete is only $150 from iKon (when they're in stock). The new Shavecraft Slant is supposed to be a cheaper option with the Aluminum head. I thought they were supposed to be in the same price range as the regular Shavecraft.

If that IS the stainless slant, then its a hell of a razor. My favorite, personally. But I wouldn't dream of paying that much for one.

EDIT TO ADD: Looking at the description, I think its the stainless slant head, with the 80mm Shavecraft handle. In which case, it should be even cheaper than the one that comes with the Bulldog II handle. Way too much money for that...

Last edited:
It is odd that they also sell the all stainless slant for less. On the advice from a few other members here I will wait until it is available here in the USA this one is only available in Ireland.

It is odd that they also sell the all stainless slant for less. On the advice from a few other members here I will wait until it is available here in the USA this one is only available in Ireland.

I've purchased lots of stuff from Shaving.IE. Another thing to consider is that he has to have the razors shipped to him in Ireland, so his prices reflect that additional shipping cost, plus any duty he has to pay. Rightly so, the pricing would be higher than just buying it directly from a US retailer - did you check the dealers page on iKon's site? Find it HERE.

This is not the upcoming iKon Shavecraft 102 Slant. This is the original iKon Slant with a Shavecraft handle, so Shaving.IE is calling it an iKon Shavecraft Slant. I do not think this is meant to be deceptive because I'm pretty sure I saw this on the Shaving.IE site before iKon announced the new Shavecraft 102 Slant.

Shaving.ie is currently the only website carrying the iKon Slant. I got a nice deal on the iKon SS slant head only from Chris, the head arrived today in Brazil.... It's beautiful. I am looking forward to try it tomorrow morning

Top Bottom