What's new

The Journal Of Huck...

I have a couple of nice Pelicans I picked up in the late '80s, but once I hit 50 words per minute on the keyboard, we'll, let's just say that I have handwritten fewer words in the past 35 years than during one week of business school. I'm so out of practice, and so used to easily correcting my work on a computer, that when I write by hand, every 5th word is crossed out and typed over.

But nice idea...
I was that same way regarding typing. I rarely wrote and I wrote horrible, but about 4 years ago I set out to learn proper cursive. I now journal and write quite a bit. I've noticed my spelling is better since I have no spell checker. Most of all I like the reflective peaceful process of writing by hand. I also can remember things much better by writing by hand. Seems to stick in your head better.

No problem, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I got the idea when you said you mainly wrote in black, I was the same way, only black, then the different shades of blue came in, now it's mostly those shimmering inks I used in the letter, as long as it is on quality paper the shimmer really comes out.

So just received a letter from John @cajunrph and basically John's using different colour inks to show me what they look like. Very cool idea. There's several inks I'm going to be buying because I'm finding that just black is boring. I use the Ancient Copper from Diamine and really like it. Thanx pal this was a clever way to show someone what different inks write and look like. Now I'll load each pen with a different colour. Now how do we get others to join in and start writing letters? Prizes? Bus passes? I dunno. But it's fun to get a letter especially these days when everything is electronic and only takes as long as you can type.

I'm working on your letter Don. Then I have to run to the post office to get some stamps since you are located on the frozen tundra up north.
Dallah fiddy five for us Yanks to send them anywhere in the world. This last letter to Don took a while. I sent it shortly after the first one was sent out.

If anyone wants to join the BnB Pen Pal Club, PM us and we will send out letters.

I have a couple of nice Pelicans I picked up in the late '80s, but once I hit 50 words per minute on the keyboard, we'll, let's just say that I have handwritten fewer words in the past 35 years than during one week of business school. I'm so out of practice, and so used to easily correcting my work on a computer, that when I write by hand, every 5th word is crossed out and typed over.

But nice idea...
Your's can't be worse than mine, I read doctors' handwriting daily. I think the first letters had some markouts, it's part of the process of writing by hand. I apologized to Don in the last one as I was tired and my handwriting was particularly off that day.

No problem, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I got the idea when you said you mainly wrote in black, I was the same way, only black, then the different shades of blue came in, now it's mostly those shimmering inks I used in the letter, as long as it is on quality paper the shimmer really comes out.

Dallah fiddy five for us Yanks to send them anywhere in the world. This last letter to Don took a while. I sent it shortly after the first one was sent out.

If anyone wants to join the BnB Pen Pal Club, PM us and we will send out letters.
Yep $1.55 it is. I need some international forever stamps. I only have domestic forever stamps.

Kudos to you for reading doctor's handwriting. That stuff is challenging.
It is mostly codes and abbreviations. I was better when I worked part-time for the hospital in addition to my day job at Walgreens. I read so many orders at the hospital I could nail the Doctor from just the handwriting style. My first job was at K-Mart, the managers brought the District Manager's meeting notes to me because they couldn't read them. Haha. I was thinking, I read Dr handwriting, but I gave it a whirl. I told them it said to, give the pharmacist a $20/hr raise. They never asked me to read the notes again. Haha.

tempImagessmkh8.png
tempImageTlIG4b.png

Safe travels and good luck with the medical test. Enjoy spending time with the family as well. I found that Pure Pens ships very quickly, I'd imagine Canadian shipping would go smoothly, more so than US shipping as Canada has closer ties to England. With those shimmering inks, you'll need some good paper, like Rhodia or the like, on normal notebook paper the shimmering doesn't come through as much.

Top Bottom