What's new

The Goods! Straight Razor Hobbyist Gallery

For starting out on the RRD(razor reworking disorder) I would say start out as I did, and use the same canvas of choice as Seraphim.

The Chinese made Double Arrow. At around 12 bucks shipped, rust free, halfway decent bevel, and chincy scales, you cant go wrong!
Right now the main seller only has a live auction for charity.
but if you hold out, he should do some more buy it now auctions.
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/stamps222_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_mdoZ

So the DA is Chinese? I thought it was Polish :redface:.

If it's Chinese that's great news as it means a ready supply once they start becoming available again.

I wonder if some of the other (obviously either chinese or pakistani) straights available on the bay are actually the same razor... I don't feel like ordering a bunch of them to find out if they're any good though, as a lot of them are crap!

If it's Chinese that's great news as it means a ready supply once they start becoming available again.

I wonder if some of the other (obviously either chinese or pakistani) straights available on the bay are actually the same razor... I don't feel like ordering a bunch of them to find out if they're any good though, as a lot of them are crap!

Just buy the DAs, they are fine razors, and incredible razors considering the price you can get them.

Pakistani razors are still crap. DA's have a much better reputation. And tbh, we don't even know who makes DAs.

Lol I'm not buying any razors right now as I don't see myself having the time to commit to doing proper work :lol:.

DA's are a bit hard to come by right now anyway.

Is that the one that sold about last week, or is that another one? THEY'RE MULTIPLYING!

I wonder how fast Seraphim would quit his job if someone gave him a thousand piece order of virgin Double Arrows.

does he have enough vacation time?
what would his wife think?
would he run out of time to shave?

He'd probably say no.

Not like we make any more than minimum wage doing these things. Add up all the grinding stones, polishing wheels, polishing compound, electricity, tool investments, time it takes to post pictures.... Not worth quitting the day job. :(

Top Bottom