What's new

The FAT from a Fat Man PIF!

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
Will Munny: That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned.
Eastwood/Unforgiven

I'd love to try the fat

Already posted my entry, but couldn't pass these up from The Sandlot:

Mr. Mertle: You're not in trouble, you're dead where you stand.

-------------------------

Benny Rodriguez: Anyone who wants to be a can't-hack-it pantywaist who wears their mama's bra, raise your hand.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
one more

Slim
: You know you don't have to act with me, Steve. You don't have to say anything, and you don't have to do anything. Not a thing. Oh, maybe just whistle. You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. :w00t:

Lauren Bacall

Never tried The Fat... have it on the list.... hoping to get lucky...

"Fat guy in a little coat. Fat guy in a little coat."

Not in. I love Da Fat.
Wife is from Irish descent. I love the line in The Quiet Man. "here's a good stick to beat the lovely lady"

One of my all time favorite movies!

Another great western movie is Silverado. One of my favorite quotes:

"I don't want to kill you and you don't want to be dead" Mal (Danny Glover) to the guys that just beat up Emmett (Scott Glenn)

Last edited:
Fun idea! I've enjoyed reading the various quotes. Great PIF, I'm in!

"Nothing like a good piece of hickory"

Clint Eastwood as The Preacher in Pale Rider

I am in! I've never tried the FAT and would love to!

Some of my favorite movies already have quotes posted, but here are some of my favorite quotes from them:

"You make your wienies from your mama's toe jam!" - Porter, The Sandlot
"He didn't FALL! Inconceivable!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

I'm sorry, but I have to do it --

Soldier: What? Ridden on a horse?
King Arthur: Yes!
Soldier: You're using coconuts!
King Arthur: What?
Soldier: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together.
King Arthur: So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercia, through...
Soldier: Where'd you get the coconuts?
King Arthur: We found them.
Soldier: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
King Arthur: What do you mean?
Soldier: Well, this is a temperate zone
King Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
Soldier: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.
Soldier: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
Soldier: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut. -- Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Stern, if this factory ever produces a shell that can actually be fired, I'll be very unhappy." - Oskar Schindler to Itzhak Stern, Schindler's List.

Nice pif, have wanted to try the Fat for some time :)

Now then, do TV shows count?

"I love that woman. I love her more than a shark loves blood."
- Francis Underwood, House of Cards

I'm in.

With March Madness approaching, I will go with "My Team is on the Floor". Coach Norman Dale to the official in Hoosier's when he plays with 4 players instead of inserting a player he previously benched for not following instructions.

I'm in.
In the spirit of "bigness", I submit the following:
"We're gonna need a bigger boat"- Chief Grady, Jaws
You may get a laugh out of the fact that I've used this phrase at work, when we have a particularly large patient (I'm talking greater than a quarter-ton. Since I worked on a bariatric rig, my definition of "Big" has shifted. Ah, good ol' 124, lovingly named "The Fatmobile") :a46: And yes, there have been times when we've needed a "Bigger Boat". :lol:

Last edited:
So, we have a winner. In celebration of said winner I give you one last quote. This is from Bad Day at Black Rock starring Spencer Tracey. If you haven't seen it, you need to. A fantastic movie and it is about a very small town where our winner is from! Arizona.

First, the quote:

Sam, Cafe Proprietor: What'll you have?
John J. Macreedy: What've you got?
Sam, Cafe Proprietor: Chili and beans.
John J. Macreedy: Anything else?
Sam, Cafe Proprietor: Chili without beans.

Black Rock is a real place in Arizona. And DesertJake is a real winner in Arizona!

PM has been sent, Jake. Respond so I can get it out to you most ricky tick!

Top Bottom