What's new

PIF Mitchell's Wool Fat

IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU MUST POST IN THE ORDER OF THE FAT THREAD TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PIF!

Okay, I've been PIF-less in Seattle for quite a while. Lots of reasons...so, this PIF celebrates my BnB anniversary (which was February), and The Order of the Fat Club reaching 4,000 posts.

The PIF is one new puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap in the ceramic dish, and a $10 gift certificate. Everyone is eligible. If you're in the U.S., I will ship the dish, and email a gift certificate from West Coast Shaving. If the winner is outside the U.S., I might award a gift certificate for both from your in-country vendor.

Entry begins now. The PIF ends midnight June 30, 2015.

One catch, you have to post at The Order of the Fat Club site:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...r-of-the-Fat?p=7472332&highlight=#post7472332

Tell me 1. Why you love da Fat :thumbup1:; 2. Why you want to try da Fat :tongue_sm; 3. What you would use the $10 US for :001_rolle. Answer any or all.

The winner will be chosen using random.org. I will PM the winner for a mailing address and/or an email address.

Good luck...and, to repeat, everyone is eligible, including current members of the Flock. Gaming the PIF with multiple posts might get you limited to one entry. :blush:

Pierce and Bill...oh, and Lanny,

"Ba-a-a-a-a!"

May da Fat be with you

ps. You don't need to post here, but you can double post. :laugh: But to enter, you MUST post at The Order of the Fat.

Last edited:
Great PIF! I'm in and will post a mash note at the Order Of The Fat. It's one of my three staples in in the stable (stable staple?), along with Cella and Arko.
Thank you for offering a kind gift.

There's no way to quantify what BnB has done for me...especially the camaraderie. :thumbup1: pay It Forward and Pay It Back. :001_cool:

I'm in! I would love to try the fat, mostly because everyone raves about it! And I would use the $10 for a boar brush - I'm still using my $10 Escali pure badger from Amazon!

Gaah, what timing on this PIF. Trying to resist, but I'm in.

In my case, I tried Da Fat and failed. I couldn't get good lather. That was early in my shaving, and now with more experience I want to try it again. I love my tallow soaps, and I think I should be stockpiling MWF. But I haven't pulled the trigger on my WCS cart because I'm worried it still won't work for me. I would use the certificate for either MWF (if i get it to work), Tabac, or Valobra.

Be sure to post at The Order of the Fat Club site.

I'm in! I would love to try the fat, mostly because everyone raves about it! And I would use the $10 for a boar brush - I'm still using my $10 Escali pure badger from Amazon!

I do not know if I love the Fat yet, but I am certainly wanting to find out. I have heard amazing things from all over these forums and have yet to try it myself. As far as the $10, if I love MWF I will use it to get something from Joe at IB. If it is not for me, the $10 will be used for shipping for my PIF!

I'm in. I'm only up to my knees in the fat.

I love the fat because:

• There's something right about shaving with a soap made of tallow and lanolin.
  • It smells like a manly shave soap should - simple and to the point soapy goodness.
  • It's a dense soap that seemingly lasts forever. It warms the Scottish/Yankee frugal part of my heart.
  • It's not a soap that promiscuous with it's lather. It won't sit on the shelf for months, and give up all it's lather with a one-morning stand, but like all beautiful women demands regular attention.
  • If it was good enough for your ancestors......
  • No matter how cold and dry the air is in the winter, the Fat will leave my face well shaved and feeling good.
  • It lathers well with all brushes, from the greatest to the most humble.

I do not know if I love the Fat yet, but I am certainly wanting to find out. I have heard amazing things from all over these forums and have yet to try it myself. As far as the $10, if I love MWF I will use it to get something from Joe at IB. If it is not for me, the $10 will be used for shipping for my PIF!

Oops, the $10 will be a gift certificate from WCS unless you're in Canada, then I'll do IB.

Bob,

I haven't looked yet, but be sure and post this at The Order of the Fat. I need all the entries there to use random.org. Thanks for the very informative post. :thumbup: I think, early on, one of your psts got me to try da Fat. And I love the porcelain dish.

I'm in. I'm only up to my knees in the fat.

I love the fat because:

• There's something right about shaving with a soap made of tallow and lanolin.
  • It smells like a manly shave soap should - simple and to the point soapy goodness.
  • It's a dense soap that seemingly lasts forever. It warms the Scottish/Yankee frugal part of my heart.
  • It's not a soap that promiscuous with it's lather. It won't sit on the shelf for months, and give up all it's lather with a one-morning stand, but like all beautiful women demands regular attention.
  • If it was good enough for your ancestors......
  • No matter how cold and dry the air is in the winter, the Fat will leave my face well shaved and feeling good.
  • It lathers well with all brushes, from the greatest to the most humble.

I'm in, thanks for a great offer.When I first tried MWF I had some problems lathering it. It was suggested to let it soak overnight in a mug, I did that and ever since it has lathered as easily as Tabac for me. Get a great shave and my face feels really good when I'm done. Love the fat.

Top Bottom