What's new

TABACtober 2016!

Chad, I'm ALL IN for the whole month!

proxy.php

NOT enough TABAC!

NOT enough TABAC!

Indeed!

Well, I also have the BIG bottle of EdC, and ceramic Tabac puck jar, but they wouldn't fit in the photo! :001_cool:

But . . . don't they make a body wash? Wait. Just checked. Yup, and hair products, too. :biggrin1:

does anyone know how many daily lathers there are in a puck of Tabac?

I have hard water, but here's my result from TABACtober 2015:

Last year I started TABACtober with a fresh puck. I continued through November for a 3017 resulting in 66 shaves.

I'm in. I bought a Tabac puck and ceramic bowl a few months ago. Only used about 3 times. Since then I've decided to only switch soaps once a month. August was Cella, September was Proraso Red, October will be TABACtober.

$16-10-1.jpg
Great kickoff. It's been several months since I used Tabac last (last November?) but there was no doubt Tabac would deliver a fantastic shave.

Morning, I had a superb shave this morning using TABAC accompanied by a Schick M type with chick blade. I followed it up with Thayer WH, Stirling UNSCENTED AS, TABAC Cologne. Yes, SWMBO was delighted I used it

A great start!!
Tabac soap, aftershave, cologne and deodorant.

Wish they would come out with Tabac mustache wax and talc.

I'm in. I went with the cream today, though, not the soap. It was my first time using the Tabac cream. I plan to use either the soap or the cream, every day this month.

$OCtober_2016_01.jpg

Day 1:
Wolfman - WR1-OC (0.74mm) / Wolfman - WRH2 90mm / Astra - SP (5)
Rooney - 3/2 (Super, faux ivory stripe)
Tabac - shaving cream
Thayer's - Original Witch Hazel
Tabac - cologne

Last edited:
SOTD - Tabactober 1, 2016

Soap: Tabac
Brush: Vie-Long Beehive Brown Horsehair by Bullgoose
Razor: Schick E2 Injector
Blade: Personna PTFE (10
Balm: L'Occitane Baux

I used Tabac almost exclusively for at least a year. Its so slick that my razor started to slip out of my hand. Love it.

SOTD - Tabactober 1, 2016

Soap: Tabac
Brush: Vie-Long Beehive Brown Horsehair by Bullgoose
Razor: Schick E2 Injector
Blade: Personna PTFE (10)
Balm: L'Occitane Baux

I used Tabac almost exclusively for at least a year. Its so slick that my razor started to slip out of my hand. Love it.

Tabactober + OCtober = TabOCtober?

October 1 SOTD:
View attachment 692553
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Gillete Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Omega S-Brush Pro S10049
Lather: Tabac
AS: 4711

This was my first use of Tabac ever and it was great! I probably need to use more water and load a bit more product, but my face feels nice. I also need to order a bottle of the AS.

October 1st

Razor: Ralf Aust 5/8 Stainless Steel
Soap: Tabac Original
AS: Tabac Original AS

Tabac was among my first shaving soap when I switched from cartridge to DE a year ago. While it is a great performer, I never really get used to the scent and used it only a few times. I joined Tabactober to force me to use it more often (I will try to use it 3 times a week).

For the first day of Tabactober, I decided to take straight as it is a quite a bit less forgiving as a DE when it comes to cushion and glide. The Tabac Original did not fail, it provided great performance for a pretty smooth and comfortable shave.

Let's see if I am growing into the scent during this Tabactober...

Man, today got here fast!
My tools and components are ready, I just have to become motivated. ...that's for later, more important things to do yet!

Top Bottom