What's new

Tabac from Walmart.

I thought I would try a tallow based soap and decided on Tabac. I looked at Amazon. They had it but seems it ships from the U.K. and I had trouble ordering it. I never would have thought I could get it from Walmart in 3 or 4 days to pick up at my local store but I guess they do sell it. I ordered a puck at about the same price Amazon sells it for.

I had no idea that Walmart carried Tabac,
but they constantly surprise me with the stuff I find on their shelves,
And I'm sure that the online catalog is even better.

Got a link for us?

I had no idea that Walmart carried Tabac,
but they constantly surprise me with the stuff I find on their shelves,
And I'm sure that the online catalog is even better.

Got a link for us?

Walmart online uses "associate sellers", just like Amazon.

A lot of Companies are trying to get into the online shopping.

Even the military is doing it with their commissaries.

This is great news. I got my first puck of Tabac from Ebay for the same price but it took a while to get here. I honestly didn't like the scent of Tabac at first but it has seriously grown on me without a doubt. The smell was a little overpowering at first but once I actually shaved with it the performance is outstanding and the smell dies down in lather form. Plus I'm really starting to like the smell more and more. I'm glad I didn't give up on this soap at this point.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Walmart doesn't actually carry or stock Tabac, they are getting it and shipping third party from the same (apparently) mixed up Amazon marketer who thinks Antonio Puig has something to do with Tabac toiletries.

Silly ... Tabac is from Mäurer & Wirtz, an independent subsidiary of Dalli Group GmbH

Bear in mind that Tabac is generally considered to be a wintertime fragrance.

If it doesn't work for you this time of year, put it away for six months and try it when the outside temperature is below freezing. You'll find a whole new perspective on it.

Tabac is a great soap, one of the best there is. But nothing goes better with Tabac except more Tabac. If you like the scent of the soap, then get the rest of the Tabac line to go with it. That would include ASL, EdC, EdT, shave cream, bath soap, do stick, etc. The scents are all very slightly different, but they work together perfectly.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Bear in mind that Tabac is generally considered to be a wintertime fragrance.

If it doesn't work for you this time of year, put it away for six months and try it when the outside temperature is below freezing. You'll find a whole new perspective on it.

Tabac is a great soap, one of the best there is. But nothing goes better with Tabac except more Tabac. If you like the scent of the soap, then get the rest of the Tabac line to go with it. That would include ASL, EdC, EdT, shave cream, bath soap, do stick, etc. The scents are all very slightly different, but they work together perfectly.
Excellent idea I have mixed feelings about the AS. But I'll wait to winter.

Walmart doesn't actually carry or stock Tabac, they are getting it and shipping third party from the same (apparently) mixed up Amazon marketer who thinks Antonio Puig has something to do with Tabac toiletries.

Silly ... Tabac is from Mäurer & Wirtz, an independent subsidiary of Dalli Group GmbH
+1. A friend still works in their corporate office. They are attempting to compete with Amazon in certain lines. Type in double edge razors or blades and take a look at what they will carry. However, you have to be careful and look at the prices. The same product can be at different prices depending on who ships it.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
+1. A friend still works in their corporate office. They are attempting to compete with Amazon in certain lines. Type in double edge razors or blades and take a look at what they will carry. However, you have to be careful and look at the prices. The same product can be at different prices depending on who ships it.
Tough to compete with the prime
But I don't understand their lack of trying. Example on the big island I found an incredible selection of wave and skim boards. Not being able to take on plane I took photos of items and upc codes thinking I'd buy later on line. Well later discovered Items not available on line. Sale lost Walmart.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
If I could walk into a Walmart here in Canada and buy Tabac, I might actually try it. No search results at walmart.ca sadly but we never get the good stuff easily in Canada.

Walmart works with Pharmapacks and AmericaRX amongst others in the online business. Either that or Amazon will eventually wipe them out.

I'm seeing $15.49 for a refill puck at that link.
On Amazon right now, there's an English seller at $10.45 w/ free shipping. I regularly buy these for under $9, and commonly see the glass bowl w/ soap for around $16. The price seems to swing by several dollars, but you generally don't have to wait long to catch it on the low side. And I've bought from the English sellers before and find that they ship fairly quickly.

The difference is speed. You can order from overseas and wait for the goods to be delivered. However, with Wal-Mart it will arrive with free shipping delivered to a neighborhood store.

I usually buy from Amazon but I check prices. Got example, I recently looked at a 4 pack of ink for my printer. The Amazon prime price was $65. With free shipping - but not expedited - from a non-prime Amazon seller, the cost was $59. The Wal-Mart price with two-day shipping was $49.

The difference is speed. You can order from overseas and wait for the goods to be delivered. However, with Wal-Mart it will arrive with free shipping delivered to a neighborhood store.

I usually buy from Amazon but I check prices. Got example, I recently looked at a 4 pack of ink for my printer. The Amazon prime price was $65. With free shipping - but not expedited - from a non-prime Amazon seller, the cost was $59. The Wal-Mart price with two-day shipping was $49.

Yup.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
In Canada Amazon is a real mixed bag. Clearly there are some folk selling through Amazon who pray on the ignorant. Ridiculous prices exceeding 10x the prices available elsewhere are pretty common. Buyer beware.

I purchase frequently through Amazon and am a Prime member but they really should be embarrassed at the prices some of their partners are posting.

Top Bottom