What's new

Display Cards Are Awful as Sole Packaging (Lord)

So I bought a 100 package of Big Bens from Amazon. It arrived as a folded card display which is fine, but the surrounding plastic wrap is flimsy and had a big hole on one side. I was shorted 4 tucks (20 blades) as a result. Amazon is making good on the sale (this was actually a 3rd party seller though), so I am covered, but this seems like a dumb problem to have in 2023.

I much prefer cardboard box packaging on bulk sales of 100 or more. The display cards are for a general store to sell tucks individually.

bigben.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Another case of YMMV - if I order 100 blades and don't receive them in a display card, then they are going right back to the seller. I would not even order 100 blades that were not packaged in such a display card. Silly really, the card serves no useful purpose to me 🤣

Another case of YMMV - if I order 100 blades and don't receive them in a display card, then they are going right back to the seller. I would not even order 100 blades that were not packaged in such a display card. Silly really, the card serves no useful purpose to me 🤣
I get the oldtime appeal. They're cool in that sense - I recall little bits of candy and the like being sold in cards like these as a kid. You pull off 1 or 2 and hand it to the clerk to be checked out.

I just think display cards are a bad way to sell goods over the internet to end consumers unless you have additional protective bagging. My missing tucks are probably on the floor of some Amazon warehouse, sadly.

Lordy, Lordy that is bad...
That is way I stuck to my two direct small business sources for blades.
The Razor Blade Club & New England Shaving..

For me, Amazon's shipping quality has been a standard > sub-par!
I don't have the time go thru all the chasing downs, returns...
Sure it may be cheap and sometimes fast..

But it is your money & your choice.

When I can, I try support the "good" sm businesses...
BFX

Lordy, Lordy that is bad...
That is way I stuck to my two direct small business sources for blades.
The Razor Blade Club & New England Shaving..

For me, Amazon's shipping quality has been a standard > sub-par!
I don't have the time go thru all the chasing downs, returns...
Sure it may be cheap and sometimes fast..

But it is your money & your choice.

When I can, I try support the "good" sm businesses...
BFX
The sellers just need to take the time to package correctly. I got some Super-Max Blue Diamonds that are also sold via display cards, but they arrived within an all-important plastic bag to keep the contents secured.

IMG_20231220_162123451.jpg
IMG_20231220_162017417.jpg

The sellers just need to take the time to package correctly. I got some Super-Max Blue Diamonds that are also sold via display cards, but they arrived within an all-important plastic bag to keep the contents secured.

View attachment 1767220View attachment 1767221
I bought 5 cards of these 15 years ago in Moshi , Tanzania . They proved to be a very smooth shaving blade, one of my favorites .

Honestly, I've bought bunches of blades from amazon and ebay and other places. I've never had a damaged shipment whether it was a display card or a carton.

It sounds like it was just bad luck on that one.

Same thing just happened with a card of Lord Rainbow Plus blades. West Coast Shaving though, not Amazon.

Grr! They want me to send a picture and I can oblige but it's pointless since I already tore off the plastic entirely.

I too hate display cards. I also dislike cardboard tucks and greatly prefer plastic dispenser-type boxes. So much so, in fact, I remove my blades from their cardboard tucks and put them into plastic dispenser-type boxes.

Not a thread-jack... :thumbup1:

I too hate display cards. I also dislike cardboard tucks and greatly prefer plastic dispenser-type boxes. So much so, in fact, I remove my blades from their cardboard tucks and put them into plastic dispenser-type boxes.

Not a thread-jack... :thumbup1:
I think the way Dorco sells their blades makes so much more sense. It's either cardboard tucks in a fully enclosed cardboard box for the ST300s or plastic tucks in a cardboard holder but the entire parcel is shrink-wrapped with strong plastic wrapping. The plastic on the Lord cards is cheap and dry with little resilient strength.

Or the boxes Astras and Derbys are sold in. Those are secure also.

Individually shrink-wrapped tucks in a tower shaped carton/dispenser. Individual blades are double-wrapped in paper without any wax. If Treet would use plastic dispenser boxes, this packaging would be perfect, IMO.

s-l1600.jpg

Getting close to a thread-jack? ... 😲

The blades we buy in quantity, be they cards or sleeves, are all designed for retail stores.

We're basically buying what the store would be buying to sell the individual tucks.

We are basically buying them at or close to wholesale prices.

The problems you mention are not the fault of the display card per say. They are the fault of the seller. Sellers will often open a card, remove a few individual tucks and then close the cardboard after having removed the tape or the clear wrap packaging.

This isn't any different from any other item, where the seller opens the package and removes contents from it.

I have had this happen to me.

Top Bottom