What's new

Suggest a new pipe for me.

I want to buy a new pipe but I'm not sure what I want. Could someone suggest a different pipe than what I now have? Here is my meger collection I have so far. Only 5 pipes. I would like to keep the price under $125. I know there are a million different pipes out there, I'm looking for something different.

Pipes.jpg

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I want to buy a new pipe but I'm not sure what I want. Could someone suggest a different pipe than what I now have? Here is my meger collection I have so far. Only 5 pipes. I would like to keep the price under $125. I know there are a million different pipes out there, I'm looking for something different.

View attachment 1632049
Is there one or two of those 5 that you tend to reach for a little more often?
Do you know why you select one over another?
Ease of clenching in the teeth, easy air draw, etc?
Finally - is there a type or brand of pipe tobacco you favor?
This info will help.

Is there one or two of those 5 that you tend to reach for a little more often?
Do you know why you select one over another?
Ease of clenching in the teeth, easy air draw, etc?
Finally - is there a type or brand of pipe tobacco you favor?
This info will help.
I've never given much thought to what you ask. I do like Carter Hall & Old Dark Fired tobacco. I know two different types. I also like the Kentucky blend by Amphora. Now that I think about it, I do like the drop pipe the two I now have. I do like a large bowl.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Maybe something longer like a Bing’s or a Churchwarden? It will definitely be different from what you have now. I think Neerup’s and Nordings are around that price point, as are Sav Bing’s Favorite.

Maybe something longer like a Bing’s or a Churchwarden? It will definitely be different from what you have now. I think Neerup’s and Nordings are around that price point, as are Sav Bing’s Favorite.
I will take a look at those type. Thanks.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I will take a look at those type. Thanks.
A Churchwarden takes a little getting used to. Usually Churchwardens have smaller bowls, so a shorter smoke, unless you get something like the Viking Churchwarden which is just a regular pipe bowl with a huge stem.
A Churchwarden is a fun pipe to smoke though, it sort of forces you to sit and relax.
A Savinelli Bing is nice if you don't mind the colors of the stem, as is a Meerschaum. Going to be a bit more difficult finding a Meer pipe in your price range, but a Meer Falcon Bowl is well within reach.
If you like the bents:

here's a link to Smokingpipes with all of their bent pipes sorted low to high up to your price range.

Bents at Smokingpipes

here's a link to Tobaccopipes with the same info, but prices up to $200

Bents at Tobaccopipes

A Churchwarden takes a little getting used to. Usually Churchwardens have smaller bowls, so a shorter smoke, unless you get something like the Viking Churchwarden which is just a regular pipe bowl with a huge stem.
A Churchwarden is a fun pipe to smoke though, it sort of forces you to sit and relax.
A Savinelli Bing is nice if you don't mind the colors of the stem, as is a Meerschaum. Going to be a bit more difficult finding a Meer pipe in your price range, but a Meer Falcon Bowl is well within reach.
If you like the bents:

here's a link to Smokingpipes with all of their bent pipes sorted low to high up to your price range.

Bents at Smokingpipes

here's a link to Tobaccopipes with the same info, but prices up to $200

Bents at Tobaccopipes
Thank you for the links. Very helpful.

Merchant Service Pipes might not be a bad option. It looks like they have a cutty in stock at $110. I've never seen their cuttys, but I've got a couple of their canadians. As far as I've seen they're a lot of pipe for the price.

That meerschaum bowl should yield a nice smoke.

I was going to suggest, like Tirvine above with the Peterson, a straight billiard, Canadian, or pot-bowl pipe. Many of those can be had for quite a bit less than $125, far less if you're willing to go estate.

Top Bottom