What's new

Starlink

Legion

Staff member
Does anybody here use Starlink for their internet? I live in a rural area, so my internet is even more rubbish than the terrible Australian average.

It's expensive, but my wife works from home, so we might be able to claim at least a portion of the cost.

Any advice or opinions?

Does anybody here use Starlink for their internet? I live in a rural area, so my internet is even more rubbish than the terrible Australian average.

It's expensive, but my wife works from home, so we might be able to claim at least a portion of the cost.

Any advice or opinions?
We use it for remote building sites with limited mobile phone reception. It works well but it’s pricey.

I’ve gone with 5g at home.

Legion

Staff member
We use it for remote building sites with limited mobile phone reception. It works well but it’s pricey.

I’ve gone with 5g at home.
My neighbours use 5g, and seem happy enough. I'm just worried about reliability where I live, the 4g is patchy at best. We need it to be bullet proof for work.

My neighbours use 5g, and seem happy enough. I'm just worried about reliability where I live, the 4g is patchy at best. We need it to be bullet proof for work.
I’ve noticed that 5g is effected by bad weather. Storms can really knock it around. External antennas can help a lot. We use those in some sites too. If all else fails, it’s Starlink satellite.

Legion

Staff member
So the wife just went ahead and ordered it without actually discussing it with me. Usual situation...

Anyway, it's installed now and seems to be working ok. Is it better than the wired internet we had? Time will tell.

Legion

Staff member
If you have ten minutes to kill, and are interested in crazy technology, check out this video. A lot of it is over my head, but it's amazing how it all works.

Top Bottom