What's new

Speakeasy Acquisitions - August 08

John, is that a lighted display shelf there at the top? Very nice addition... I've been contemplating something similar with a secondhand TV cabinet I'm considering repurposing as a liquor cabinet, probably with a mirror in the back. Any idea what you're gonna stick up there?

John, is that a lighted display shelf there at the top? Very nice addition... I've been contemplating something similar with a secondhand TV cabinet I'm considering repurposing as a liquor cabinet, probably with a mirror in the back. Any idea what you're gonna stick up there?

Yes, two lights controlled by a touch switch on one of the door hinges. It's really pretty slick. As to what is going up there, you'd have to ask my wife. I made some suggestions and they were shot down.

Also, picked up my new iphone today. Nice!

If you're talking about the kids, yes. If you're talking about the cabinets, no. I'm actually pretty good with wood, but I just don't have the time or equipment right now. Luckily, my father-in-law is a general contractor, so I get the names of all his buddies. The guy that did it is amazing and does some of the nicest work I've seen. Not cheap, but we got the friend's discount. Unfortunately, the opening only allowed me to squeek in a thin bezel 46 inch TV. My wife didn't approve of my idea to "move the wall and replumb the water heater behind the wall to make way for a 52 inch." The TV is on a Peerless mount (thanks for the advice Jim!) which lets us pull it out and rotate.

How needs hot water anyway...The kids need to see pops on Wipeout....:wink:

Really, it is a beauty!!!

I picked up a portable speaker system for my new iphone. It came with a nice padded case and has a built in rechargeable battery that lasts for about ten hours.

Went into my local supplier yesterday and tried the Uigeadail it is the finest Scotch i have ever tried and is next on my hit list. I opted for this one though as it is a limited run. Cant wait to try it.

Went into my local supplier yesterday and tried the Uigeadail it is the finest Scotch i have ever tried and is next on my hit list. I opted for this one though as it is a limited run. Cant wait to try it.

Nice pick, it's too bad quite a few of their bottles aren't available over here. Unfortunately they send all the notices of new releases to Committee Members on this side of the pond and then state they can't send it over here. :cursing:

Please let us know how this one is.

Top Bottom