Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac EdT

High Efficiency August 2023

Razor: Wolfman WR2 SB 1.55 with Darwin Handle
Blade: Nacet (1)
Brush: AP Shave Co with 26mm Titanium synthetic knot
Preshave: Proraso Blue Preshave
Soap: Proraso Blue
Aftershave: Floid The Geniue (with extra menthol added in small bottle next to it), Proraso Blue Aftershave Balm (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face), works very nicely

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

First time using the Woflman WR2 SB 1.55 with the Darwin handle. I really enjoyed the Darwin handle! I thought I would need to get a hollow handle like a WRH1 or WRH2 hollow handle just to have something different with it the Woflman but there is no need for the hollow handle, the Darwin worked really well. It was comfortable in my hand, I could hold the end in my ringer finger or pinky without issue, went back and forth, mostly ended up on pinky but really easy to hold, gave a more nimble feel to the WR2, more weight towards the razor head but still overall a nice weight. I really did enjoy it so it looks nice and functions well.

The Nacet, only my 2nd time using this blade and it was good, sharp, smooth, no issues especially with this razor, so definitely keeping the 100 a bought, which is good.

My first time using a synthetic brush, one I got a on BST a while ago as a throw in with a razor as I was not sure about synthetics or even cared about brushes for that matter. I am use to badger so this was definitely different but I enjoyed using it. This know has a lot of backbone, like alot so that was good for me, I was able to generate very good lather without any issues took me a few minutes to adjust. It definitely is different than a badger or boar for sure as many have mentioned and the feedback I have gotten but this brush did work out for me, glad I tried it.

Proraso Blue I haven't used in about 1 year now so I did enjoy using it, preshave was good, lather from the tube was good, post shave balm was good, just like I remember it when I was just starting out on wetshaving.

Floid the Genuine, it was great as always but I did something different this time. That small bottle next to it as a glass bottle loaded up with more menthol, crushed menthol crystals and 10 drops of Stirling menthol drops. I first but on the Floid The Genuine then right after the Floid the Genuine with menthol, it was great! I love menthol and it really gave it a kicked, quite a kick but I liked it.

Overall great shave I enjoyed it., 1st pass WTG, 2nd pass WTG/XTG with touch ups, 3rd pass ATG leaving me a very nice DFS+/BBS with no cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation or I should say very little to the point where I call it zero.

20230806_194249.jpg

Last edited:
Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Blade: Sharp Hi Chromium
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel /Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel
Balm: Anthony All-Purpose Facial Moisturizer

SOTN 6/8/23
1691417664687.png

-Ikon Tech head on a RR Super Knurl
-Gillette Wilkinson Sword
-Mühle STF XL
-Murphy&McNeil Triskele SS
-Stirling Margaritas In the Arctic ASL

I really love the AON base performance wise but this particular scent is meh.
It's supposed to be a classic barbershop scent but all I get is a musty aroma.
Like going down your basement after it hasn't been opened in a long time.
Very unfortunate but it is what it is.​

Monday, August 7, 2023.

Floid oil pre shave. Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Gondolier: Shaving Soap & Lotion- EdC. CRV, Two-bands badger, ebony and blood red resin handle, special edition SCNH 2018 forum. C. Federico, 14, custom made scales made by Pablo Fuertes. Montblanc Legend: Balm aftershave & Eau De Toilette.

IMG_4986.jpeg

Better Late than Never ...

2023-08-06N sotd V2.jpeg

Pre ..... Splash & Soak with comfortably hot water
Brush ... Brad Sears 3 Band Super Hybrid (28mm)
Soap .... Hendrix Classics & Co. GunSlinger
Razor ... Schick Grip (Type L-3), Schick Plus China
Post .... Dickinson's Original Witch Hazel Toner
Post .... Pitralon Classic Splash
Finish .. Mancera Red Tobacco EDP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom