🍾 ⌚️ 👔 💍 SOTD - “FANCY WEEK” July 31, 2023 to August 6th, 2023 🍾 ⌚️ 👔 💍

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_6755.jpeg

Wolfman WR2 1.15 • Wizamet • Mozingo ZT4 • Grooming Dept

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE Sunday shave, Aug 6th 2023

Razor : Yaqi "Katana" SE- Mfg 2019>, tame mid range, simple clamping system but can be a bit tricky making sure the blade is aligned properly(I just take a paper tuck and bump blade in place with minimal pressure and then tighten clamp.). I'm not 100% sold on 1/2 blade razors but they do work well when loaded. They are nimble to work the face stubble area but are not a whole lot smaller than a normal DE IMO. Had a nice morning shave with no issues.
Blade : Gillette Astra 1/2 blade(1) sharp and smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Gillette Pure Cream, nice sweet clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Makes excellent ubber lather also(mixed with remnants of hard soap in bowl).
Brush : Yaqi "Ever Helpful" 22mm 2band badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber, reasonable lather painter. This little 2band badger has a shorter HD loft with soft tips is ideal for fellows who enjoy soft badger scrubbing IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)4 template 9.2.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a excellent shave with my Yaqi Katana SE with a Gillette Astra SP blade.
SOTD August 6 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20230805_101121.jpg

Razor: VIC Lather Catcher
Blade: Pal Carbon Steel Gem-type blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

IMG_20230806_134326_768.jpg

SOTD from India
Used Ricardo for the head-shave. Got minor weepers on the head, but no cut. I found that an aggressive razor suits better for head-shaving. I had several cuts with a mild razor while shaving the head. Same for the medium-aggressive razor I have

Super Platinum razor for the face. It's a mild razor. 24 hours of stubble took 2 passes for the face and 3 passes (+ touch ups) for the chin area. I find it too much work. Usually, for 24 hour stubble, I am done in 1 pass if I use an aggressive razor. Also, I experienced that the angle is very difficult to find with a mild razor. I mean it's quite narrow and not caught that easily. I could not get it today for sure.

Shaving cream has a rich, thick and creamy lather while slickness is average. It has an old school smell. Reminds me of the barbershop I used to go to when I was a kid.

Both blades I find no better than Gillette Wilkinson Sword. Would take Wilkinson Sword over them any day

Old Spice needs no intro. One of the best aftershaves I have tried. Same I can say for DCRAF aftershave lotion. Has lots of plants/herbs in it and really heals the face like it claims on the packing. Sadly, it is out of production.

SE Sunday shave, Aug 6th 2023

Razor : Yaqi "Katana" SE- Mfg 2019>, tame mid range, simple clamping system but can be a bit tricky making sure the blade is aligned properly(I just take a paper tuck and bump blade in place with minimal pressure and then tighten clamp.). I'm not 100% sold on 1/2 blade razors but they do work well when loaded. They are nimble to work the face stubble area but are not a whole lot smaller than a normal DE IMO. Had a nice morning shave with no issues.
Blade : Gillette Astra 1/2 blade(1) sharp and smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Gillette Pure Cream, nice sweet clean scent with excellent lather qualities. Makes excellent ubber lather also(mixed with remnants of hard soap in bowl).
Brush : Yaqi "Ever Helpful" 22mm 2band badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, excellent scrubber, reasonable lather painter. This little 2band badger has a shorter HD loft with soft tips is ideal for fellows who enjoy soft badger scrubbing IMO.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)4 template 9.2.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a excellent shave with my Yaqi Katana SE with a Gillette Astra SP blade.
SOTD August 6 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

When I did not know that there is something called a single edge razor, I saw your SOTD pic and was shocked thinking: what happened to half of razor's head, where its gone, did he cut it :lol:

08/06/23 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Pré de Provence - Lime Zest Soap Bar
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sci-Fi Lime Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Invigorating, Uplifting & Energetic!
Spearhead Shaving Company - Seaforth! Sea Ice Lime - Shaving Soap - Limited Edition Highland Base
Maritime Brush Co. Cenote 24mm Black Ash Burl with Premium M5C Fan Synthetic (SHD) Knot
Hendrix Classics & Co. Unfinished Stainless-Steel Round Walled Shave Bowl
Through The Fire Fine Crafts Pottery Shave Soap Spoon
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Aylsworth Razors - Drakkant Stainless Steel Safety Razor - Machined Finish Serial #118
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 1st Shave
The Razor Company Blue - 2023 Unofficial Meet Up Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Spearhead Shaving Company - Seaforth! Sea Ice Lime Aftershave Splash - Limited Edition
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Lime Ginger Tea Tree Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Age Bay Rum Pomade Wax Based Ol' Fashion Pomade Grease! Medium Hold ~ Limited Edition
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Official Phoenix Shaving Barber's Mat! The Perfect Addition to Your Shave Station!

A IMG_4138.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom