What's new

🍾 ⌚️ 👔 💍 SOTD - “FANCY WEEK” July 31, 2023 to August 6th, 2023 🍾 ⌚️ 👔 💍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&Bers!

This Week’s SOTD Theme Week is all about Fancy shaving gear!

Show us your favourite fancy shaving gear including expensive soaps, rare razors, your most luxurious brushes, rare/discontinued soaps, special occasion fragrances, etc.

If a shaving item looks fancy, we want to see it regardless of cost. If you are a baller and use a Waterford or Baccarat tumbler as a shaving bowl, we want to see it! Have a gold plated or diamond encrusted razor? A 500ml bottle of Creed Aventus? Let’s see them too!

If you don’t have anything you would consider fancy, post a pic of your favourite shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Fancy non-shaving related items incorporated into your pics works as well. A Patek Philippe watch paired with Arko and a Dollarstore razor is indeed acceptable. Let’s see lots of great images this week!

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but very strongly encouraged.

Let’s see your most impressive shaving items!

Menthol Monday SOTD
20230730_140253 (2).jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.05/UFO Colibri
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D1)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Platinum 27mm
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Custom Frosted Woodland
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Colbeck

Mon 31
Soap & Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor Gillette Fatboy F4
Blade Jianyu 2nd
The lather whip-up by the brush is just marvelous! The soap & matching splash smells wonderful.
Ever a reliable razor and paired with this excellent blade at max setting 9...enjoyed 3 silky smooth and efficient passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230731_073953.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
914CD96C-3916-4C63-8DA2-AF0F8A07F06C.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34G.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

High Efficiency July 2023

Razor: Stando Leszy (Leschy)
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Brush: B and B Contributors Brush 2023
Preshave: PAA The Cube Mentholated
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Aftershave: Orange Chill Aftershave Splash, Hawkins and Brimble Aftershave Balm (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face), works very nicely

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

I have not used the Stando Leszy in a while and it was a great shave. It really is a terrific, efficient razor feels more mild than the blade gap but way more efficient and gentle, it really does shave well and I do like look, overall happy with it.

This was my first time using this blade the Rapira Platinum Lux. It was a smooth blade, the pretty sharp (not tugging at all) but not quite as sharp as a Polsilver was from what I remember as I used the Polsilver Super Iridium with this razor the first time. This is a good blade, good sharpness, good smoothness but I think I might like a touch sharper like the Polsilver or Wizamat (as that was the last blade I used but in a different razor so a touch hard to compare). I'll probably try a Nacet to see how it is as I have not used it in quite a while.

The PAA Cube mentholated was great, left it on for a minute as I was loading my brush, didn't mean to but it gave it a more cooling effect, loved it.

The Stirling Orange Chill, really enjoyed the smell, the menthol (cooling) the lather, slick, nice thickness when I wanted it then when I was it a touch runnier, more slick no problems. Its a really good soap and if I order it again I'll make sure not just a sample but a whole tub plus the aftershave splash, which I really liked, get it glacial to be even more menthol but I really liked the it, great soap, great post shave feel and splash was great, very happy with it.

The Hawkins and Brimble aftershave balm, first time using it and I was really happy with it, it was really nice to use and I am quite happy with it, it looks to be a keeper.

Overall great shave, 1st pass WTG, 2nd pass WTG/XTG with touch ups, 3rd pass ATG leaving me a very nice DFS+/BBS with no cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation or I should say very little to the point where I call it zero.

20230730_194256.jpg

Last edited:
Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Protouch MG
Brush: AoS Silvertip
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel /Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel
Balm: Anthony All-Purpose Facial Moisturizer

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Shavemac 177
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL+++
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Second shave with the Henson AL+++, the aggressive Henson, and the Wizamet blade. It is amazing how this razor differs from the AL+ version. It is not as smooth but more efficient. The brush today is my first Shavemac brush, the 177 model. It is a very nice brush. I continue my use of MdC with today being the 179th shave. A perfect shave. Have a great day and week, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, July 31st 2023

Razor : Micromatic open comb- Mfg 1930-41, mid to upper mid range, well designed and built to last generations with a little care. There is some blade feel with the this Micromatic, I usally get some close shaves with this razor and it feels nice in the hand to work the beard. Had a close and no issues shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (8) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely,predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco, nice XXX clean unique masculine scent with some menthol + also excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Atlantis" 24mm G4-5 synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips with some back bone, excellent splay scrubber, excellent lather painter. Closest synthetic brush I have that has a similar face feel to a 2 & 3 band badgers with a interesting handle that is pleasant to hold while applying lather.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX Fresco with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)4 template 9.2.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Micromatic OC with a coated Gem blade.
1SOTD July 30 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Pre-shave: Saponificio Varesino "Burro di Ilipé"
Brush: AD Works "H-15"
Lather: Van der Lovett "Grey Edition"
Razor: Schick Injector "Type E" (custom handle)
Blade: Personna
Witch hazel: Thayers "Lavender"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Floïd
Face cream: Dove Men+ Care "Ultra Hydra"

2023-07-31.jpg

20230730_084624.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior Traveller Set
Blade: Pal Carbon Steel Gem-type blade
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime