SOTD-BBOCOW-W_2023-10-14.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" Silvertip D01 2-Band 14/42
Soap: LEA Classic
Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Feather (6)
ASL: LEA Classic

A fine shave. :biggrin:
I like LEA's Classic soap better than their cream (but I do prefer the cream's stronger scent). :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

10/15/23 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Stirling Soap Co. Coniferous Bath Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements TICK OFF! Conditioning Shampoo Puck with Pure Cedarwood Oil!
MacDuffs Soap Co. - Coast to Coast - Shaving Soap V4 Base
AP Shave Co. Handcrafted Lemon Drop Shaving Brush with 26mm Cashmere Fan Top Knot
AKA Brushworx 3 Pass Shaving Lather Bowl - Eruption Pour
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
2023 TRC - Stainless Steel Double Edge Safety Razor - Bead Blast Finish - 1st Use
Feather New Hi-Stainless Blade - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Ukraine Hope Yellow Black Sheep Shaving Towel with Silver Detachable Logo Tag
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
MacDuffs Soap Co. - Coast to Coast - Aftershave Splash
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Solstice Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - The Soul of the Desert
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Pomade Wax Based Ol' Fashion Pomade Grease! Medium Hold Homage to the Original Seaforth Spiced!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Official Phoenix Shaving Barber's Mat! The Perfect Addition to Your Shave Station!
A IMG_5031.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Razor: Gillette "Slim" Adjustable
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless

Lather: Van Yulay Café Vetyver
Brush: The Wet Shaving Store Faux Horn
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

What a wonderful shave I had with Café Vetyver from Van Yulay. This soap caught my eye seeing as I enjoy both drinking coffee and the smell of vetiver. This soap has an interesting addition though with the inclusion of an added nutmeg note.

When I smell this soap I get a big coffee/chocolate note right off the top. Maybe my brain mixes coffee and nutmeg and then comes up with chocolate. I'm not sure what's going on there.

The vetiver has a nice earthy quality and helps ground the whole accord. Overall I think this soap is really good. It makes me wish I had the matching aftershave though.

The soap base was fantastic as always and helped me achieve a smooth shave. If this soap catches your eye, I think you'll like it too.

Take care and enjoy your shaves.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_7929.jpeg

1) China: Brush Frank Shaving Synthetic Brush.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom New.
4) China: Razor Blade Pink/Blue Flying Eagle.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine.

SOTD: 15th October 2023.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
Face Lather.
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D2)
Lather: Arko Shave Stick.
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Gummy Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Turkish theme Sunday morning shave.

As always the humble Arko shave stick provide a slick protective lather in a short space of time.

I've mentioned many times in my posting that I take into consideration why some people have a love/ hate opinions on the scent of Arko & derby shave sticks, even though both are great performing soaps some people can't/won't shave with them purely because of their scent, to my nose both soaps have a 'Clean scent' which I don't have any issues with besides that, once I've done my final cold water face rinse I find the scent has virtually disappeared. I also count myself very fortunate to have a skin type that hasn't had a adverse-reaction to any of the shaving soaps and creams that I've used to date.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. 😉

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom