What's new

💈 🪒 💈 🧼 SOTD "B&B SUPPORTING VENDOR WEEK" October 9th-15th, 2023 💈 🪒 💈 🧼

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again B&Bers!

Theme Week time again and this theme is one of my favourites!

B&B’s supporting vendors help keep the lights on around here and are often very involved and active in our shaving community. This place wouldn’t be the same without them!

So let’s show some love for our supporting vendors all week! Let’s see those Rudy Vey, Paladin, AP, Simpson and Elite brushes, Captains Choice bowls and soaps, Above The Tie and Blackland razors, Tony Miller strops or maybe something you have bought from our friends at Bullgoose or West Coast Shaving.

Sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave. But be creative and have fun… THIS is mandatory. 👍

Extra points and bragging rights for being creative. Have some fun this week!

Menthol Monday SOTD
20231008_160407.jpg

Razor: Oneblade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (D1)
Brush: Semogue 2040 HD
Bowl: TW 3D Printed
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Enigma Machine Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Aether
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Speick

Razor: Stando Leszy (Leschy)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: B and B 2023 Paladin Contributors brush with Paladin select badger 2 band
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Ralon Original
Aftershave: Ralon Original, Meštar Bagulina Aftershave Balm

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

Have not used the Stando Leszy (Leschy) in a while. Decided to try a new blade in it, a Gillette Silver Blue to see how it would be. I never thought it would sharp enough for my tastes but after some posts today decided to give it a try. Smooth, yes a very smooth blade, sharp, I'd say sharp enough, not as a put down on the blade but that it was sharp enough and really smooth, I was impressed by it. I had no tugging whatsoever and the shave was smooth the entire time right from the first stroke. Probably will get some more as I want to make sure blades that are Made in Russia (PPI) that I know are good are good ie I know what I am getting.

I have not used the B and B Paladin contributor's brush either, I didn't forget how much I enjoyed it but this was quite an enjoyable brush to use after being on a Synth run so this was good and I remember why I found this brush so enjoyable.

The PAA Cube, great as always.

Using Ralon Original this time, it performed quite well, even better than before as I just hyrdrated the cream a touch more and kept it that way. Lather was slick, good thickness, very proctective, comfortable and overall I enjoyed it. Smell was great, again I can't detect all the things a soap has in its smell but it was nice for me. Post shave feel was great, quite happy.

The Ralon Original Aftershave, strong smelling but again the feel was great.

Meštar Bagulina Aftershave Balm performed well as always.

My 1st pass WTG at 5, 2nd pass WTG/XTG with touch ups at 4, 3rd pass ATG at 3 leaving me a very nice DFS+/BBS with no cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation or I should say very little to the point where I call it zero.

Very happy with the shave, overall excellent experience.

20231008_150338.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_7791.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tallow Tabac.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom New.
4) China: Razor Blade Pink/Blue Flying Eagle.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Paladin El Dorado
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 1.05 SB
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & AoS Asb
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Another perfect shave with my Wolfman WR2 SS SB 1.09 loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade. This is the third shave with this combo. Today’s brush features one of my favorites: my Paladin El Dorado. This brush makes wonderful and plentiful lather and performs as well as it looks. The MdC soap is on its 248th use. Have a great day and week, folks.

Columbus Day

Pre-shave: Hims High Tide Hydrating Cleanser /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush: EverReady 150 Restore w/TGN 2-band
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel /Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic
Balm: Jason Moisturizing Gel

SOTD-BBOCOW-W_2023-10-09.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Simpson Wee Scot 13/39
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Feather (1)
ASL: Clubman Musk

A superb shave. :biggrin:

I've been neglecting my Feathers due to the annoying wax on their blades (which varies from dots to puddles)… but thanks (again) to @Jay21 for showing me the best "blade wax removal technique" I've ever found HERE. :001_cool:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom