What's new

Soap Acquisition Thread

I was born, raised, and lived in New Jersey for 40 years, moved to Florida 12 years ago this June. I am a sucker for all things NJ, I actually do miss the Garden State, so when I saw that this soap company was in New Jersey, and then where they are located I bought some samples. Loved the samples so bought 2 full sized and 3 more samples as well as Captains Choice Bay Rum and Barister and Mann Bay Rum samples.
Don't forget Hoffman's while you're supporting Jersey makers. :thumbup1:

20240418_164014.jpg

I went and checked out my local antique shop this afternoon and to my surprise there was four cakes of vintage Colgate cup soap. I have tried the Vintage Colgate shave stick I look forward to trying a cake of this cup soap.

Something I have been chasing for a long time, a vintage Faberge Brut soap in the china bowl. I am thrilled.

View attachment 1818991

Curious if you've set up your vintage soaps in some type of display case. Suspect you have one of the most extensive collections around. If so please post a photo.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Curious if you've set up your vintage soaps in some type of display case. Suspect you have one of the most extensive collections around. If so please post a photo.
Hi, thank you, I have been lucky with my purchases but there are others here with far more impressive collections. I do not have my stuff on display, I use almost everything I own. What I consider my best pieces are in my 'retirement drawer', I am 57 now so will start using these in a few short years; some of them I have never tried. For now I use vintage Yardley, Old Spice, Tabac, Imperial Leather, and others every day. In truth I have far too much so a few will go to the B&B auction this year 👍

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Two unusual English shaving soaps.

20240419_132641~2.jpg

Top Bottom