What's new

Smoothest Razors In Your Experience (Modern Only)?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
( 1 ) Blackland Osprey Adjustable Stainless Steel
( Ultimate Smoothness )

IMG_5911.JPG

( 2 ) PAA Copper Ascension Twist Adjustable In Rose Gold
( Awesome Smoothness )

IMG_4275.JPG

( 3 ) Timeless TI95 Titanium With Crown Handle
( Great Smoothness )

IMG_3625.JPG

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Blackland stainless Blackbird OC
Karve brass Overlander
RazoRock Mamba 0.53
RazoRock BBS “Standard
@SlimGem Triceratops
@SlimGem Travel Raptor
Fatip Grande
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
RazoRock JAWS 0.84

Are you sure we can’t mention vintage? Even the modern razors will eventually be vintage.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
@Greg788 I think it is the Lambda Ares V2. Maybe the Athena is even smoother. Henson is also pretty smooth. Or maybe the razor I will recommend you at the very end of this text.

After seeing you starting threads trying to narrow down what would be the BEST razor for YOU, I think you got the right idea, nevertheless it won't work:

Nobody here is you. Asking alone won't safe you from trying SEVERAL different razors till you, mostly surprisingly, find something that works very well for you.

There is no commonly agreed upon best razor, as people are different.

We have highly regarded razors like the Blackbird, and I would argue the Game Changers and Lupos from Razorock are probably the best bet to start out with stainless steel razors.

Observe people. Figure out who someone who seems to tick somewhat like you do. For instance, I always go with the shoe size Mike Postaski wears on Roadtrailrun... ok, that was not shaving related...^^

You will have to try different razors to get an idea what YOU truly like. And even that might change over time with practice, skin changes due to age and so on.

Most smooth razors are mild, but there are exceptions. The Wunderbar for instance is an aggressive razor that easily can cause injury, but it shaves super smooth. It will be even super smooth when biting you.

I would recommend you the Yaqi Mellon in stainless steel. It's a safe and smooth razor that still gives a very efficient, though not perfectly efficient, shaving quality.

@Greg788 I think it is the Lambda Ares V2. Maybe the Athena is even smoother. Henson is also pretty smooth. Or maybe the razor I will recommend you at the very end of this text.

After seeing you starting threads trying to narrow down what would be the BEST razor for YOU, I think you got the right idea, nevertheless it won't work:

Nobody here is you. Asking alone won't safe you from trying SEVERAL different razors till you, mostly surprisingly, find something that works very well for you.

There is no commonly agreed upon best razor, as people are different.

We have highly regarded razors like the Blackbird, and I would argue the Game Changers and Lupos from Razorock are probably the best bet to start out with stainless steel razors.

Observe people. Figure out who someone who seems to tick somewhat like you do. For instance, I always go with the shoe size Mike Postaski wears on Roadtrailrun... ok, that was not shaving related...^^

You will have to try different razors to get an idea what YOU truly like. And even that might change over time with practice, skin changes due to age and so on.

Most smooth razors are mild, but there are exceptions. The Wunderbar for instance is an aggressive razor that easily can cause injury, but it shaves super smooth. It will be even super smooth when biting you.

I would recommend you the Yaqi Mellon in stainless steel. It's a safe and smooth razor that still gives a very efficient, though not perfectly efficient, shaving quality.
What is the Melon a copy of, the SLOC? or DOC?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
What is the Melon a copy of, the SLOC? or DOC?
A totally precise answer is a bit more complicated but yeah, same design as the SLOC, but with different blade posts, rectangular slits instead of rounded.

Now here is the thing, someone here educated me that it is rather NO copy of the SLOC or the DOC. I hope the person who educated me will chime in here. The SLOC might have been a Yaqi design to begin with, Razorock budget line razors are mostly from China and just rebranded.

The original design they copied goes back to a Joseph B. Mellon:

Top Bottom