What's new

(Slaps link to thread) You Can Fit So Much Wrong In This Journal

I eat plenty of fermented/cultured food and pretty much only true sourdough bread made with fresh milled flour. My gut bacteria flora is probably much better than it was. I think the reaction to too much fried stuff is just a way to tell me that that is not good for me anyways. Besides this event was probably 5-6 years ago and a lot has changed for the better in regards to my eating habits.
I think this is the key to being able to eat various foods without GI issues. The gut microbiota health is key, fermented foods help as does eating fruits, veggies, and legumes. You're feeding the gut bacteria. That and keeping 1.5lbs/680gms of fried cheese sticks to a special occasion. Enjoy it, and savor it in moderation.

I usually have a side of ice cream.
Spongebob Squarepants Movie GIF
Ice cream us made of milk. Healthy stuff.

I think this is the key to being able to eat various foods without GI issues. The gut microbiota health is key, fermented foods help as does eating fruits, veggies, and legumes. You're feeding the gut bacteria. That and keeping 1.5lbs/680gms of fried cheese sticks to a special occasion. Enjoy it, and savor it in moderation.
If I were "running loose", a pound of fried cheese and tomato sauce to bind me up seems like a good way to go. I need to remember that.

If I were "running loose", a pound of fried cheese and tomato sauce to bind me up seems like a good way to go. I need to remember that.
That reminds me of a story. I had an older gentleman come to my store once for advice on constipation. He wanted something to work right away, the best for immediate relief is Milk of Magnesia. I told him how much to take and pointed out the directions on the bottle and for him to drink plenty of water. Ole fella came back a few hours later with a ring of white around his lips, wanting something to reverse it. I asked him how much did he take, he said half the bottle. WHARTTTT?? I told him he'd have to hang tight and get over it, trying to reverse it would make matters worse.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Well, if a couple of housebricks of cheese did clog his system up, I reckon all the raging health paranoia from all the posts since, should get his system back moving again...

"Tracey! Help! The internet says I'll never poop again! Fill the turkey baster full of WD40. Where the hell did we put the corkscrew??? See if you can buy adult sized baby bouncers, I'll try and shake ... oh, no wait ... forget that ... just clear me a seat in the chest freezer. I'll be back in an hour"

I wouldn't want to be the next one in the wee room though...

"Dad, why didn't you flush?"

"Flush? I couldn't even close the lid!!!"

(I would apologise, but someone had to try to raise the tone of this thread back up to normal levels...)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I gained 6 pounds in the three weeks we were in Bali... less than I thought... My problem? I like my carrots in carrot cake.. and my milk in ice cream and cheese cake.

I set a goal for myself months ago now.... 165... That might be too thin but I won't know until I'm approaching that weight... I now have 18 pounds to lose. But I'm back on limited carbs so I should be able to see some progress quickly. The sad thing is... when I set that goal, I was at 173 but only for a few days... I sort of stabilized at 175... so only ten pounds... now? that darned 18...

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
@Eric_75 , please fill in the hollow legs of the tub if using for lathering

My trips to the terlet suggest I haven’t applied Flex Seal from the inside out, but it’s still early hours as far as digestion goes. My sumō-inspired chicanery is probably helping. But do have a seance to say you told me so if I’m wrong.

Now I want a warm loaf of bread and a tub of whipped butter and to pass out in a soft chair with my cat on my belly.

@Wombat ESQ , thank you for the picture of the frog in the sink. Awesomeness!

@Eric_75 , to absolve @OkieStubble , please consult with a baker as you’re a friar. ;)

@BigAlVista , I won cheese-induced paranoia. That was a new one for me. Not all edibles are created equal. …I’m told…

@lasta , I prefer the Imperial system, but Metric is understood the world over.

@AimlessWanderer , I normally don’t eat this much cheese in one appetizer and now know not to take the chance again.

@cajunrph and @blethenstrom , I thought @Guido75 was our resident accountant.

Hey, Guido! Want to come to America and have lunch with me? I know a place.

Well, if a couple of housebricks of cheese did clog his system up, I reckon all the raging health paranoia from all the posts since, should get his system back moving again...

"Tracey! Help! The internet says I'll never poop again! Fill the turkey baster full of WD40. Where the hell did we put the corkscrew??? See if you can buy adult sized baby bouncers, I'll try and shake ... oh, no wait ... forget that ... just clear me a seat in the chest freezer. I'll be back in an hour"

I wouldn't want to be the next one in the wee room though...

"Dad, why didn't you flush?"

"Flush? I couldn't even close the lid!!!"

(I would apologise, but someone had to try to raise the tone of this thread back up to normal levels...)
Southpark: 6 Couric units.

I gained 6 pounds in the three weeks we were in Bali... less than I thought... My problem? I like my carrots in carrot cake.. and my milk in ice cream and cheese cake.

I set a goal for myself months ago now.... 165... That might be too thin but I won't know until I'm approaching that weight... I now have 18 pounds to lose. But I'm back on limited carbs so I should be able to see some progress quickly. The sad thing is... when I set that goal, I was at 173 but only for a few days... I sort of stabilized at 175... so only ten pounds... now? that darned 18...
I have a leg that weighs 165. I suppose I should cut back on the carbs. And fats. And protein...

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
FFFMM

Tonight’s awesome shave
RazoRock Hawk V3OC
Schick Proline P-series (3)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: no
Lather: ARKO!, bowl-loaded, face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: warm shower
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Went a little too light on the ARKO!, but the frequent rinsing, neutral angle, and awareness of the razor head trying to skip at my every error helped get me a close enough and gentle shave that was quick for me. Doing so after showering would probably be quicker. I’ll try next time.

Only did fifty pairs of shiko/sumō leg lifts for exercise, but got my Wifey’s favorite video game running after its latest update after solving a vexing work issue today, so I feel like I’m 15.24m tall despite only being 1.78m tall in real life.

Is anyone else craving mozzarella?

Happy shaves, everyone!

Top Bottom