What's new

(Slaps link to thread) You Can Fit So Much Wrong In This Journal

Milk of Magnesia .... whats that taste like?

after suffering, and yet more suffering, and then another suffering

1 legal hospital opioid induced backed up plumbing
2 some foul foul fowl and utterly foul foul foul foul tasting goop to unblock the plumbing
3 the ''close the lid'' comment is 100% true, never thought i'd be so fulla .... 💩
4 there was not enough water in sydney harbour to get that pile a 💩 to move round the S bend

Oh the memories 💘

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Tonight’s excellent shave
Karve brass Overlander on PAA el Fantasma Naranja handle
Loi Titanium (4)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower
Lather: ARKO!, bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky

The RazoRock Hawk V3OC was taking too much brain power for me to consistently get a gentle shave. And my Bride noticed. So I dropped out of the Fixed Four and fixed the head of my Karve brass Overlander on my PAA el Fantasma Naranja handle and shaved away. My Loi was rough on side, so I did the whole shave on one side. Minimal aftershave sting. New blade loaded for next time.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Tonight’s gliding shave
Fatip Grande
Loi Titanium (1)
Pre-shave: face wash with ARKO!, cold rinse, two snurdles of Aloe 100% Gel
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Post-shave: warm shower
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Couple of ATG passes shallow to neutral, maybe not neutral enough. Mostly clean shaven. Gradual aftershave burn. Weeper under my chin that I think closed up. Upper lip feel overshaved. Will see what I can do next time.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Tonight’s gliding shave
Fatip Grande
Loi Titanium (2)
Pre-shave: face wash with bath soap, AP ShaveCo Cashmere brush, cold rinse, two snurdles of Aloe 100% Gel
Post-shave: Equate moisturizer

Used my AP ShaveCo Cashmere 30mm synthetic brush to wash my face before shaving. Great for most of my mug, but the sides of my nose require me to focus on schnozz-washing technique or change brushes. Some Aloe 100% Gel and water and I was ready to lather.

Lathered up, gripped the Fatip by the knurling on its base and went to town. Everything was slower than the last shave, but closer and more comfortable. A spot of razor burn on my jawline below my right sideburn marred an otherwise great outing.

Unwound after my shift with a shot of cactus squeezins’. Cuervo for the win.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Tonight’s squeakin’ rad shave
RazoRock Super Slant Lvl 3sb
Loi Titanium (3)
Pre-shave: face wash with bath soap, Dinosaur brush, cold rinse, a snurdle of Aloe 100% Gel
Post-shave: Hyaluronic acid and Equate moisturizer

The RazoRock Super Slant Lvl 3 with safety bar is exactly the type of double-edged safety razor I would believe I wanted: holds its blade in a pathologically rigid manner, has covered blade tabs, and works its best for me with a steep angl. Designed and manufactured on planet Earth is also a big plus, but I‘m sure razors from The Belt are just as,great.

In practice, I keep trying to shave at neutral or shallow angles and either place a little too much or a little too little blade against my skin. Steep, though, it’s just right and I can pivot its polished, rounded safety bar on my skin to get just the right combination of comfort and cutting power. At least I think I can with a little more practice. My shave was a bit too close, but only a bit. The aftershave sting was less than expected. Zooming the razor over stubble like a Hot Wheels race car was enjoyable.

Used my AP ShaveCo Dinosaur brush for both my face wash and lathering. It felt ever so slightly less insane to use just one brush and it scrubbed my nose better than the Cashmere brush. It was fun to feel the difference between bath soap and shave soap on the brush.

Got some hyaluronic acid today and added it back to my post-shave routine. Definitely goes a long way with a little bit.

Shoveled a little slush from the walkway, driveway, and mailbox this afternoon. At least it was Spring snow didn’t stay on the roads.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Last edited:

thombrogan

Shave mail:

100 Loi, 100 Sharp Titanium, hyaluronic acid
IMG_1427.jpeg

Glad the latest hijack became tantric flatulence practices and not professional sports. May the strength of our collective pelvic floor muscles soon rival or exceed the strength of reticulated pythons.

Shave mail:

100 Loi, 100 Sharp Titanium, hyaluronic acid
View attachment 1817593

Glad the latest hijack became tantric flatulence practices and not professional sports. May the strength of our collective pelvic floor muscles soon rival or exceed the strength of reticulated pythons.
Could you estimate which other blades these most resemble? Also, do they have wax dots? The price on Jeff’s River Store may be too good to pass up.

Could you estimate which other blades these most resemble? Also, do they have wax dots? The price on Jeff’s River Store may be too good to pass up.
I'm very curious about these myself. Their normal price, current sale on AMZ not withstanding, usually means people pass them up in favor of more well-known alternatives like Astra. I have a few packs - will get to them eventually.

Last edited:

thombrogan

Have only used the Loi blades so far. NO WAX DOTS. Sharpness maybe a little better than the Shark Super Stainlwss. I like them, but wouldn’t stock up and expect them to make me forget Nacets.

Just popped the last blade out of the E3 Injector to polish up the cap and bar. Should’ve popped it back in before inserting a new one. Scraped the edge off two blades before remembering I was being dumb. But the third blade, the third blade shoved the scuffed second blade out and waits for me to delude myself.

Have only used the Loi blades so far. NO WAX DOTS. Sharpness maybe a little better than the Shark Super Stainlwss. I like them, but wouldn’t stock up and expect them to make me forget Nacets.

Just popped the last blade out of the E3 Injector to polish up the cap and bar. Should’ve popped it back in before inserting a new one. Scraped the edge off two blades before remembering I was being dumb. But the third blade, the third blade shoved the scuffed second blade out and waits for me to delude myself.
The LOI Titanum are $1 cheaper than the Sharp Titanium, probably because the i costs $1 more.

How odd that it is not consistent across the models offered by Durablade. I have opened a tuck of Sharp Platinum blades albeit have not shaved with them. It is in a single layer wax paper wrapper and IS SEALED with a drop of wax or glue. The glue is fairly strong too. I could not remove the blade without tearing the wrapper somewhat.

The Sharp ones(lol) are about the same as most Indian made blades, about medium. They might be similar sharpness to a Dorco Titan, but not as smooth. They tend to feel sharper than they actually are. Maybe most similar to the sharper Lord blades. The Lol branded ones are supposed to be virtually indistinguishable, but I haven't tried one. The two different names remind me of Super-Max/Zorrik, different names for different markets.

The Sharp ones(lol) are about the same as most Indian made blades, about medium. They might be similar sharpness to a Dorco Titan, but not as smooth. They tend to feel sharper than they actually are. Maybe most similar to the sharper Lord blades. The Lol branded ones are supposed to be virtually indistinguishable, but I haven't tried one. The two different names remind me of Super-Max/Zorrik, different names for different markets.
Thank you!

Top Bottom