What's new

Silver Loaf

When you get the word from him, after trying it out, please put his comments, plus yours after shaving with it, in this topic, thanks.
I used to live in San Diego, before moving to Thailand.
Sure thing. I'll post up my thoughts on my Silverloaf. And pics too when I get it back.
I like it here in SD. I can think of worse places to be living.

I have received my Silverloaf razor back from Doc226. I'll let him start the review first. But I just want to write this to exclaim how awesome his honing is. He put an extremely keen edge on this razor. Not fragile either. The edge held up through the whole shave. I finish shaving by going ATG on my mustache and it cut the stubble smooth.
Amazing work Doc!
$uploadfromtaptalk1443494858579.gif

Thank you to Cl3anShav3 for letting me try out the Silverloaf Kami.

The razor was very well made, nicely finished, huge and good balanced.

My beef is the top of the blade is not even with the hone line, there is an area near the toe that the top is too tall. This one was honed with a single layer of tape (I had to use one layer on each side as opposed to a single layer folded onver the top). The other beef is the spine and edge smile don't quite follow each other.

The steel seems very good, took a great edge, no chipping issues at all.

Beautiful looking razor. I've seen several examples of his work & I think its awesome.Does he have an online shop?

He seems to have been overloading the bay with single razors, multi razors, blades alone, etc lately. He must be quite efficient or have a staff to do as many as he's listing.

Silver Loaf has some nice razors. I found him on Etsy though, not the bay. He may also be on the bay but I was not able to find him there doing a search.

If you read the descriptions, it looks like he's just making sure that he shows up fairly regularly in "straight razor" searches since he says that they're not in stock and you're buying a custom order.

They look really nice, though.

He should probably be doing full on commission orders off of ebay.... He is asking for a lot of ebay claims nonsense otherwise if he gets backed up.

Top Bottom