What's new

Silver Loaf

I have seen this seller on everyones favorite auction site post up some nice razors of his own creation, has anyone ever tried one?

You can look him up

I have seen this seller on everyones favorite auction site post up some nice razors of his own creation, has anyone ever tried one?

You can look him up

He's active on that other razor forum I've never tried his stuff put people seemed to be pleased with his creations over there... And their tastes are more discerning because they don't like gold dollars over there

He did a great restore & rescale for me; very communicative and a nice guy. I don't know anything about his own forgings, however. Nice looking stuff.

The only razor I have from him is a vintage sheffield he restored (with an attitude). So I don't know about his forge. What I know is that he can really make an old razor shinny.
$2014_12_22.jpg

I haven't had one in my hand but by the pics I've seen, the geometry look good.
Assuming the HT is right it shouldn't have any major problems.

You can look him up
I have a western kamisori of his I need honed. If you don't mind, I was wanting to see if I could get you to hone it and you can try it out while you're at it.

I have a western kamisori of his I need honed. If you don't mind, I was wanting to see if I could get you to hone it and you can try it out while you're at it.

That's a very slick way to ask for honing... But I'm sure doc will not only take you up on the offer but he will also do an incredible job

That's a very slick way to ask for honing... But I'm sure doc will not only take you up on the offer but he will also do an incredible job
[emoji4] thanks. Doc put a sweet edge on my W&B. I'd like to try out another one of my blades with his hone skills on it.

He's active on that other razor forum I've never tried his stuff put people seemed to be pleased with his creations over there... And their tastes are more discerning because they don't like gold dollars over there

almost spit my coffee out on this one :)

Here is the razor I just purchased this morning from him exactly like this picture, only with two pins running thru spacer and scales, instead of one. Bought at a cheaper price then advertised, in make offer.$$_57.jpg$$_57.jpg

Haha. Ya. That was pretty vague. I was speaking to the OP, Doc. Im sending him my Silverloaf razor to be honed and to try out.

When you get the word from him, after trying it out, please put his comments, plus yours after shaving with it, in this topic, thanks.
I used to live in San Diego, before moving to Thailand.

Top Bottom