What's new

Side or under-lever .22 pellet gun question

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
And scuba tanks aren't cheap, there are now entry level compressors for about the same or a little more money. But like anything, you get what you pay for. So if you are satisfied with "minute of soda can" at 50 yds., you can shoot for a lot cheaper than if you are striving for 1MOA at 100 yds.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
If I were to buy an under lever springer, I'd be saving my pennies for the Air Arms TX200 Mk III. But I need to save my pennies for a compressor first, for my PCP.

Sorry for the tardy response guys, couldn’t log on yesterday for unknown reasons.

That is quite a rifle you got there nortac! But right now my gut tells me to stick to a springer similar to the one you posted.

I’ve got feelers out through friends to see if they know of guys with an under lever I could try just to get the feel of it. If I don‘t like it I have no problems sticking with break barrels.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I took my tank to the local dive shop, hopefully they won't question the currency of it's inspection. If they fill it I'll be able to shoot my PCP for the first time in about 4 yrs. I may take it to the range and try it at 100 yds.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Yay! The dive shop filled my tank without questions. $16.25. Back in bidness! Sorry for the thread hijack!

Yay! The dive shop filled my tank without questions. $16.25. Back in bidness! Sorry for the thread hijack!

No problem! I’m learning a lot.

Just out of curiosity, how are airguns generally viewed in your local hunting/gun shop? Do they keep a decent inventory or is the internet the only way to get your hands on something good? In my neck of the woods (eastern Canada) they usually only keep bottom grade guns not much better than those sold at department stores.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Well drat! So I aired up my PCP from the newly refilled SCBA tank and it immediately began leaking air. I guess it doesn't like sitting unused for 3 or 4 years, looks like I will need to send it in for servicing. Bummer, the gun still looks like new, hasn't been abused or heavily used, but air guns do need periodic servicing.

Well drat! So I aired up my PCP from the newly refilled SCBA tank and it immediately began leaking air. I guess it doesn't like sitting unused for 3 or 4 years, looks like I will need to send it in for servicing. Bummer, the gun still looks like new, hasn't been abused or heavily used, but air guns do need periodic servicing.

That is making a springer even more attractive. My old ones were easy to take apart and service.

Top Bottom