What's new

Shotgun question

proxy.php

Daddy liiiiiiiiiike! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ETA: Or, one could go old school with a Ithaca riot gun. Big plus here is that it ejects spent hulls from the bottom of the weapon, so it can be used by right- or left-handed shooters!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Errr, out of practice, Andy?

(kidding. :biggrin: )

Regards,

- John

Totally! Rusty as a boat anchor! :biggrin: My logic is
, shells are going have to be dug out of a pocket or taken from a bandolier, which adds time and complexity to reloading. A magazine, on or off-duty, is far faster and accessible.

I also like a Remington 870 smooth barrel rifle sights. I however, have to disagree with 00 Buck. If you miss the bad guy you have 8 .38 rounds flying down range. These will easily penetrate interior sheetrock covered walls. Faced with an intruder in your home in the middle of the night, you do not want to have to stop and think, "Is the kids bedroom behind the bad guy? What about my neighbors?". With 00 you need a positive backstop. I keep my 870 loaded with #4 shot. A hit will incapacitate an intruder, a miss won't keep traveling down range as far with as much penetrating power.

Birdshot will not likely incapacitate anyone, especially a determined attacker. I have seen point-blank(6-8 ft) hits result in nasty-looking, but superficial wounds. Sometimes people aren't even knocked down. Hell, there have been times when 00 buck hasn't stopped people from shooting back or stabbing. I would not trust my life to birdshot, unless I were under attack by a flock of geese or something. Buckshot also penetrates less than handgun ammo, typically.

Top Bottom