What's new

Shaving Soap Sticks are the Best.

Well, you substituted "you" for "I," but I'm glad you found something you like. I use shave sticks when I travel because they're small. I actually can't control the results more easily than with a puck - every method is equally easy if you experiment enough to find efficiency. But I suspect a lot of shavers have a favorite, and the puck is mine.
This is a thread that I started so I am stating my opinion as a fact. You don't have to agree with me.

Wow, that’s a new one…

I have no problem with anyone sharing an opinion, that's what we do here. My suggestion was that your opinion could be shared without the implication that other opinions might be incorrect. I apologize for being a little too sensitive about strongly stated opinions.

Oh dear, you too didn’t you get the memo? :w00t:

In a nutshell:
My thread = my opinion = my facts. :pipe:

I too was still going by the previous version, where it said that people are entitled to their own opinions, but not to their own facts. :cool1:
But maybe we should not attach more importance than necessary to the finer points of English grammar. :a2:

BTW, I always liked this Bertrand Russell quote that encourages people to be more humble:
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

B.

Last edited:
When I use a stick, I often just rub the stick on the brush to load instead of on my skin. That way, I use the brush to build lather as normal. I can use a bowl, use my hand, or face lather. Of course, I also rub the stick on my face from time to time just to be different. This is what I taught my wife to do, rub the stick on her skin then use the brush to build the lather because it was easier for her to master.

When I use a stick, I often just rub the stick on the brush to load instead of on my skin. That way, I use the brush to build lather as normal. I can use a bowl, use my hand, or face lather. Of course, I also rub the stick on my face from time to time just to be different. This is what I taught my wife to do, rub the stick on her skin then use the brush to build the lather because it was easier for her to master.
There are a lot of ways to use a stick. I like to rub it on my face because that is what is unique about a stick. Whatever you like, that is what you do.

One downside of a shave stick I have experienced is that applying pure soap to my face and then building it there is much too harsh for my face. My face is always mildly agitated and rubbery afterwards.

How's that Lea? Is it better than the cream? I've been tempted to buy some.

Sadly, Lea is a far cry from La Toja, which by now may have become kind of a reference to some.

I recently tried the Lea stick again, but it felt harsh when rubbing the stick in my beard area (see BudgetShaverGuy’s comment in the first quote) and in the end it does not hold a candle to La Toja.
It is also not as good as the standard Lea creams, let alone the Lea Classic shaving soap or creams.

B.

Last edited:
Sadly, Lea is a far cry from La Toja, which by now may have become kind of a reference to some.

I recently tried the Lea stick again, but it felt harsh when rubbing the stick in my beard area (see BudgetShaverGuy’s comment in the first quote) and in the end it does not hold a candle to La Toja.
It is also not as good as the standard Lea creams, let alone the Lea Classic shaving soap or creams.

B.
Thanks. La Toja rules all.

Top Bottom