What's new

Shaving advent calendar

So I have mentioned this before but have finally gotten to it, my wife is giving me shaving things every day in December counting down until Christmas, it is a few full size items and a bunch of samples. I will keep you guys updated on my haul from this and my thoughts on the items

Day 1: full size Zingari Man The Navigator shave soap- haven't tried it yet, but a pleasent marine smell

Day 2: sample of Stirling Solidus aftershave- it is supposed to be inspired by Paco Rabanne 1 million, and it doesn't quite nail the scent, but still smells good

So I have mentioned this before but have finally gotten to it, my wife is giving me shaving things every day in December counting down until Christmas, it is a few full size items and a bunch of samples. I will keep you guys updated on my haul from this and my thoughts on the items

Day 1: full size Zingari Man The Navigator shave soap- haven't tried it yet, but a pleasent marine smell

Day 2: sample of Stirling Solidus aftershave- it is supposed to be inspired by Paco Rabanne 1 million, and it doesn't quite nail the scent, but still smells good
Take a picture of your gift(s) when they are all received, and share it with us.

She surely is a keeper! Love the Zingari Navigator soap, top tier performance and a really nice scent!

Day 3- 2 samples today
Razor Emporium Old School - razor emporium does their samples no favors with jars that give off a strong plastic scent, I do pick out the clove from the scent notes, but the rest is much harder to notice, maybe it will open up more when lathered
Taylor of Old Bond Street Cedarwood- another one that might need to be lathered to fully appreciate, it is a very subtle woody fragrance in the sample jar (Maggards uses similar jars but without the strong plastic smell)

And yes, my wife is definitely a keeper, and I do realize how lucky I am

Last edited:
Day 4: Nivea Men Sensitive Soothing Post Shave Balm- not much to say until I get to use it, it has a very light lotiony scent, but it seems to be popular on here so I am hopeful it will be a good option when I have irritation (which will probably happen a lot as I learn DE shaving)

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
What an awesome idea! I'll have to think of the best, themed, advent calendar to make for my wife and daughter next year.

Day 5: two samples again today
Castle Forbes Lavender- a pleasant lavender scent with an almost woody quality to it
TOBS Sandalwood- very classic scent, obviously some other notes past just sandalwood, but they are well blended

Day 6: 3 samples today
Razor Emporium Heritage- decent scent, it is kind of soapy but very masculine
House of Mammoth Rumble- the chocolate note is strong, but doesn't blend well with earthy background scents well
Maggard Razors London Barbershop- the patchouli shines through on this one with some floral notes, it is a pleasent smell, a very different take on a barbershop scent

Amazing, what thoughtful things are you going to do to reciprocate?
So this year she has said multiple times she wants to spoil me (and she is doing a great job of it) next year I am going to have to really make sure I come up with something to match it (she is still getting a nice gift at Christmas, I just can't match this advent calender this late)

Day 7: two samples today

Fine Platinum aftershave- clearly a Aventus clone, smells pretty close

Wholly Kaw King of Oud shave soap- I will be honest I don't know what to make of this, it seems like it alternates between smelling great and terrible every sniff, hopefully lathering it up will provide more clarity

And as an update here is a picture of the haul so far

Attachments

• 20231207_203517.jpg
    20231207_203517.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
With a wife like this, who needs Mermaids?!
And, indeed, you can do same for her this season, despite late start!
To catch up fast, how's 'bout an 8-piece something for dining?! Beauty masks?! Pack of undies?!!

Top Bottom