What's new

Semogue Mistura: Butterscotch or Taj Resin?

Which handle color: Butterscotch or Taj Resin?

• Total voters
To me if you don't have a strong opinion either way then maybe it's not the right brush for you? Maybe you should skip this one and wait on the next one? I know that's not the standard B&B recommendation, but if it doesn't speak to you do you really need it? (Says a soap junkie who just failed out of the June GRUME and is feeling guilty).

To me if you don't have a strong opinion either way then maybe it's not the right brush for you? Maybe you should skip this one and wait on the next one? I know that's not the standard B&B recommendation, but if it doesn't speak to you do you really need it? (Says a soap junkie who just failed out of the June GRUME and is feeling guilty).
I'm not following you here. I'm sold on the brush, just a toss up between two differnt colors, nothing more, nothing less. Both colors speak to me, but the world will not stop turning, the sun will continue to rise each morning, and nothing bad will happen if I choose one color over the other. Simply trying to have some fun with a poll and see what people prefer between the two colors.

Really, it's not that serious, but I appreciate your deep concern!

I'm not following you here. I'm sold on the brush, just a toss up between two differnt colors, nothing more, nothing less. Both colors speak to me, but the world will not stop turning, the sun will continue to rise each morning, and nothing bad will happen if I choose one color over the other. Simply trying to have some fun with a poll and see what people prefer between the two colors.

Really, it's not that serious, but I appreciate your deep concern!

It was intended as a bit of tongue in cheek. If you really can't decide between two handle colors on the same brush, maybe that money would be better spent elsewhere. Regardless, if brushes are your thing, then let the poll make the decision for you and go for it. 👍🍻

It was intended as a bit of tongue in cheek. If you really can't decide between two handle colors on the same brush, maybe that money would be better spent elsewhere. Regardless, if brushes are your thing, then let the poll make the decision for you and go for it. 👍🍻
Dammit! I really thought you were being serious! I was thinking to myself, "man this guy is really taking this way too seriously!"

I'm sure the money can always be put to better use elsewhere, but where's the fun in that, right?

As far as "brushes being my thing"...not so much! I've been using the same $20 brush for the last 8-10 years. Just wanted to splurge and get something a little nicer.

Wow, it looked like Butterscotch was the clear winner, but the Taj definitely gained som popularity.

While we’re waiting I have the Mistura and Boar in Cherrywood. I’m seriously considering the two band Badger to complete the Trinity.
IMG_7025.jpeg

A great way to avoid the issue is to buy the mighty Pegasus Mistura with the wonderful imitation Turtle handle.

Cheers!
❤️🪒

View attachment 1843538
I really like tortoise. You could even do a couple different color combinations, like Kent Tokyo white and Tokyo yellow. I, honestly, like both. Those plastics have to be easy to get. They make so many things with tortoise plastic. The Kent patterns are probably trademarked, though.

Kent is missing out by not using their classic tortoise patterns on their shaving brushes. It is the same company, right?

I really like tortoise. You could even do a couple different color combinations, like Kent Tokyo white and Tokyo yellow. I, honestly, like both. Those plastics have to be easy to get. They make so many things with tortoise plastic. The Kent patterns are probably trademarked, though.

Kent is missing out by not using their classic tortoise patterns on their shaving brushes. It is the same company, right?
Well remembered, dear friend! Kent's tortoiseshell pattern is indeed splendid.

Cheers!
❤️🪒

Okay… so you do not think that Beto and I are having a private conversation in the middle of this thread…

We were just conveying that Kent already has awesome tortoise patterns… and has for decades.
C3CA029A-2A7B-4D74-9741-8992639D065B.jpeg

Top Bottom