What's new

Semi-adjustable FH Gillette Tech with 3D-printed base plates

That is very, very neat!

If I find a place locally to print these out for me, what should I look for? Types of printer, types of material? What are the costs approximately?
My library will print files for free, up to a certain amount per month. A lot of libraries are doing this now; you could check yours. The options they gave me for the materials are either PLA or resin. I picked PLA because it had more color options than the resin, which just comes in black and gray. Otherwise, I don't know what the pros and cons are.

To check back in on this, I’ve shaved with two of the three, the medium OC and aggressive safety bar. Both did well. I can’t really assess more right now, as I have a full beard and only shave cheeks and a little neck. For those purposes I would ordinarily use my other 3D plate, as it’s less wide. For detail shaving, I prefer a guard that’s about as wide as the blade; if you’re not shaving around anything, a wider guard doesn’t matter. Some people even prefer it and want one so wide it covers the blade tabs.
I hope to be able to shave the whole face again soon, so updates when that happens.

What's wild to me is that apparently they issued a French Tech in the 1940s that was metal with plastic baseplates (http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/Tech/1940s French Tech Set No8.jpg)? I didn't realize this until this evening when I was looking for another type of Tech. So 3D printed plastic baseplates isn't too far off from what was done in the past in some ways.
Very interesting. I wonder if the three baseplates in the picture are set at different levels of efficiency. I'll assume yes, since wasn't able to find additional info. Thanks for the link. Now I want one for my collection. 👍

Very interesting. I wonder if the three baseplates in the picture are set at different levels of efficiency. I'll assume yes, since wasn't able to find additional info. Thanks for the link. Now I want one for my collection. 👍
@abies's link didn't work for me. HERE's my link.

There's only ONE baseplate in mr-razor's picture (three photos of the same piece).

Fantastic idea from @SlimGem as always. (When are you going to make a Shake Sharp razor type :) :) ? )

I don't have a Fat Handle Gillete Tech. But I have a Fatip Grande/Gentile.

Has anyone tried these baseplates in Fatip Grande/Picolo razor? I think a 3 baseplate system would be a great upgrade for this affordable razor.

Fantastic idea from @SlimGem as always. (When are you going to make a Shake Sharp razor type :) :) ? )

I don't have a Fat Handle Gillete Tech. But I have a Fatip Grande/Gentile.

Has anyone tried these baseplates in Fatip Grande/Picolo razor? I think a 3 baseplate system would be a great upgrade for this affordable razor.
Fatips have pins, so you'd need a guard that has the three pin holes. The guards listed here were modified for razors with pins; I don't know how well they do in Fatips.

I can offer the links to two razors:
- fully 3D printable Double edge adjustable safety razor LINK
- DE Double Edge Adjustable Safety Razor LINK (This was also my first 3d printing project ;). )

BR Ivko
Yes, you can post links to your creations as your contribution to the community, as long as they are shared as free downloads, and do not promote sites for monetization.

Yes, you can post links to your creations as your contribution to the community, as long as they are shared as free downloads, and do not promote sites for monetization.
Alright, sorry for my inappropriate posting.

This is my mod for "Gillette - King C"

Kind regards, Ivko

Zusammenbau NEU 2.png

Attachments

• Gillette - King C.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
Top Bottom