What's new

Scotch recommendations

Belvenie Doublewood single malt. So very good. $35-40 a bottle.
Do not add ice to a single malt.

proxy.php

peace.
:tongue_sm:drool::thumbup: :tongue_sm:drool::thumbup: :tongue_sm:drool::thumbup:

This.

And also this:

proxy.php

But Down Under, we're looking at approx and north of $A100 a bottle...:cursing:

In this country, if it moves they tax it. If they think it's bad for you, they tax it. If anyone enjoys it, they tax it or make it illegal (with the policy call usually made on the toss of a coin, as our policymakers are all tossers).

Macallans 12 year is my favorite. But at $50.00 a bottle it's only used on special occasions. As my "regular" Scotch I like JWB or Glenlivet 12 year. Speyburn is also pretty good as well.

I finally tried Drumguish the other day. I was perusing the Scotch aisle and this one caught my eye, plus it was only $20.00. People either love it or hate it. I don't find it that bad personally. Make no mistake it's not Macallans or some of the higher end, more widely praised Scotches.But it's not bad, worth the $20.00.

Has anyone tried MacGavin's Single malt ? Saw it in the store for around $20.00. It comes in 3 varities: Speyside, Highland and Islay. Not sure who makes it but the guy in the spirits department said they just got them in.

Last edited:
OK, this one will kill all Scotch Whisky Acquisition Disorders for all time:

proxy.php

Dan Murphy's down under has 1 bottle (of the 60 allocated globally) and is retailing it for...

$A200,000
Anyone up for a group buy?

Isabella’s IslayDistiller: Luxury Beverage Company
Price: $6.2 Million

http://world-most-expensive.com/whiskies

proxy.php

One of the foremost distillers in the world, U.K based Luxury Beverage Company stunned the world of luxury liquor, when in the month of May last year, the company came out with the most expensive whisky in the world. The all new Isabella’s Islay is perhaps the best whiskey currently available in the market, with a price tag of a mind blowing $6.2 million. Designed exclusively for the uber rich, Isabella’s Islay is best known for its decanter that takes a good portion of the six million dollar price tag. The extremely luxurious bottle is essentially a bespoke English Crystal decanter that is adorned with a whopping 8500 diamonds and even features a handsome amount of white gold, along with a generous spread of some 300 rubies encrusted all over the bottle. The drink inside the decanter is the most luxurious single malt whiskey ever to have been made available to liquor connoisseurs and with such a massive price tag, is now also believed to be the most expensive single malt in existence.

It should be noted that there's been a huge number of 'most expensive in the world' bottlings just recently. And very few of them have sold.

If I recall correctly, the most expensive bottle actually sold was the Macallan 'Cire Perdue' bottling, which actually sold for nearly $500,000

I am mnot a Scotch guy, actually I hated the stuff recons more like drinking Vitalis to me. Then my Uncle came back from Scottland with a bottle of Edradour Single malt. I reluctantly tried it and all I can say is WOW that some good stuff!

Glenmorangie 12 year old is by far my favorite and great, in my opinion, for a newbie. It is smooth with a slight honey and citrus flavor. Affordable, too.

Damn, so many to try. Balvenie Doublewood, Aberlour A'bunadh, Bruichladdich 10, Highland Park 12, etc.

I wish there was an easy and cheap way to get samples.

Top Bottom