What's new

Scented soap for those with sensitive skin

As per title, my skin is very picky with soaps, I am currently using MWF (Tallowate version) and love it but it's a bit boring to always use MWF and when my three pucks are gone, that's all the tallowate version gone from my local supplier I know because I called and brought it all when I learnt the recipe had changed.

I prefer a hard soap, I'm in New Zealand it's possible but unlikely that some of the artisan soaps available in USA etc will be available here so preferably more mainstream soap recommendations are probably better but I might be lucky.

I like Tabbaco, Sandlewood etc earthy sort of scents preferably, on the milder side of scents is preferable

Thanks you'll.

Noble Otter Lonestar maybe? At least to me the scent seems mild.
Good suggestion that sounds like something I'd like but not available anywhere in NZ sadly. I can get some of the Pheonix range of soaps but that looks to be about it when it comes to USA artisan soaps.

It's difficult to know in advance which fragrances or essential oils are going to give you problems. Maybe stick with the less strongly fragranced soaps as a starting point.

I might suggest Haslinger. They have a Sandalwood soap. You could start with one small 60g puck and see how it goes.

Another good one is Speick. The scent is a spicy herbal one. Speick tends to be good on the skin since they are a skin care company, after all.

What about Ach. Brito Mogno or Musgo? Kind of a woody, masculine scent on those.

It's difficult to know in advance which fragrances or essential oils are going to give you problems. Maybe stick with the less strongly fragranced soaps as a starting point.

I might suggest Haslinger. They have a Sandalwood soap. You could start with one small 60g puck and see how it goes.

Another good one is Speick. The scent is a spicy herbal one. Speick tends to be good on the skin since they are a skin care company, after all.

What about Ach. Brito Mogno or Musgo? Kind of a woody, masculine scent on those.
Absolutely my intention, I don't want a strong fragrance anyhow. Thank you for these suggestions they're available at my local! Bonus points they are affordable soaps too.

I know it’s boring, but Tobs sandalwood, sounds like a good choice. In my experience, it is not the soap that causes irritations, but what is applied afterwards. I was plagued for years with problems, until i started using TendSkin, now i can use pretty much whatever i feel like. (I have sensitive skin, red hair and tough stubbles. My weapon of choice is a tech and a decent blade Voskhod, Muehle, Kai, Nacet. In that order based on the growth. )

As per title, my skin is very picky with soaps, I am currently using MWF (Tallowate version) and love it but it's a bit boring to always use MWF and when my three pucks are gone, that's all the tallowate version gone from my local supplier I know because I called and brought it all when I learnt the recipe had changed.

I prefer a hard soap, I'm in New Zealand it's possible but unlikely that some of the artisan soaps available in USA etc will be available here so preferably more mainstream soap recommendations are probably better but I might be lucky.

I like Tabbaco, Sandlewood etc earthy sort of scents preferably, on the milder side of scents is preferable

Thanks you'll.

Top Bottom