What's new

Sadly, another iKon Customer Service report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ... I have a hard time imagining that anyone who received this reply would be happy with it. To me the OP asked two simple questions. Who cares if you don't think the blade gap is important? The OP wants to know. Writing 0.64 mm is a lot easier to do than their dismissal. I agree that they shouldn't exchange the razor based on the customer not liking it. Just say that in a polite manner. He was just asking to inform himself. In the end, I hope that the companies who provide great customer service will prevail. That does not mean folding to every request of a customer, but treating the customer with respect and politeness is essential.

I would probably be somewhat annoyed by the initial snippy response, but Ikon/Greg does have that reputation. Past that, I have
two of his razors and they are both great.....I think going through the vendor would be the first way to go rather than manufacturer direct.......if you had bought it Ikon-direct then go directly through Ikon. Ikon does offer sweet facebook deals from time to time and I have yet to find an ATT razor I consider affordable....anyway...

Again, to each their own.

Add: I never once expressed buyer's remorse or said anything negative about the product. I simply wanted a little more information about the product from the manufacturer. The manufacturer deflecting my question and offering no further information inspired my further communication. As I said, I can successfully shave with this razor without nicks, cuts, weepers, or irritation. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE PRODUCT.

Then you had no beef with the manufacturer. And what iKon told you about gap was correct. It would not tell you anything meaningful about the aggressiveness of a razor.

Then you had no beef with the manufacturer. And what iKon told you about gap was correct. It would not tell you anything meaningful about the aggressiveness of a razor.
So you expect me to believe that if you spent a considerable amount of money on a product of mine and then asked me what your options were, you would be just fine and dandy with me telling you "I'm not that desperate for business."? I think not, friend.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I was going to tell the original post that someone would show up here and make him feel "better" by telling him what great experiences they had with this entity, but I was beaten to the punch.

Now does anyone have a puppy I can borrow?

I was going to tell the original post that someone would show up here and make him feel "better" by telling him what great experiences they had with this entity, but I was beaten to the punch.

Now does anyone have a puppy I can borrow?
I've yet to find a good review. Good luck.

So you expect me to believe that if you spent a considerable amount of money on a product of mine and then asked me what your options were, you would be just fine and dandy with me telling you "I'm not that desperate for business."? I think not, friend.

Yes, I would - IF I was suggesting you had a responsibility for my happiness and not just the quality of the product.
"Warranty

iKon products are under a 1 year warranty to the original owner from the date of purchase against defects in material and workmanship.

Warranty does not cover damage due to improper use, normal wear and tear (e.g. scratches) as well as defects that have a negligible effect on the operation of razor and or item.

To obtain service within the warranty period have a copy of the original purchase receipt and simply contact us and we will repair or replace the defective part."

ikon warranty

The responsibility iKon has to its customers is spelled out on their website. They do not promise you will be happy with the model you buy. They do promise to do something about defects in material and workmanship. Period.

ATT has a better warranty, but they also cost an additional $50 beyond what you paid. I was willing to spend the extra $50 in part because of the warranty. That is the right of the business - to set warranty and return policy.

Of course, you didn't even BUY the razor from iKon. You bought it elsewhere. If I buy a Casio watch from Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart policy determines returns and exchanges. Casio has no obligation other than their warranty of quality.

You also apparently read bad things about iKon after ordering and then decided to press iKon instead of Maggard even though you admit the razor is of excellent quality and that you did not buy from iKon. So no, I don't think you have any cause for complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where I bought the razor has nothing to do with iKon's customer service. I'm sorry that you can't see beyond that, but it's not my issue. As long as this message reaches the appropriate parties, which it has, I've been successful.

I trust B&B and like it here. I've never needed another source, but thanks for the info anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom