What's new

Rockwell Razor Club

Which gives better shaves overall?

• Merkur Progress

• Rockwell 6s

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just posted this supposed price increase information from Sharpologist email - 6s and T2 price increase Feb 1.

I just received my 6s in the mail today. We'll see how it goes prob Sat.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for My 6c to arrive in the mail. Thats why I'm reading this thread. I do like they gold version someone posted. I ordered the gunmetal though.

Just got a 6s matte and had my first shave yesterday. After reading posts I think I will land on plates 4 or 5 but I had to start at 1 yesterday and work up. 1 and 2 didnt do much but I did feel a difference. Somehow, I stopped at plate 3 and had a great 3 pass shave at 1.5 days of growth. Maybe 3 will be the one but I usually shave on 2-3 days growth. The thing was real smooth and shave feel was unique. Easy to find angle and seems forgiving at least on 3. This was the first mild razor that i could get easily close in certain neck spots. Not sure why- maybe the safety bar design? First impressions are very good and the finish is liked and is growing on me. The thing shaves and looks like a tank. It's fairly heavy but balanced. Handle length is perfect for me as it is for other razors.

Overall great for the first shave but I need more time with it.

Last edited:
Just got a 6s matte and had my first shave yesterday. After reading posts I think I will land on plates 4 or 5 but I had to start at 1 yesterday and work up. 1 and 2 didnt do much but I did feel a difference.

Congratulations on investing the 6S! You'll find you have a faithful loyal friend for life.

Somehow, I stopped at plate 3 and had a great 3 pass shave at 1.5 days of growth. Maybe 3 will be the one but I usually shave on 2-3 days growth. The thing was real smooth and shave feel was unique. Easy to find angle and seems forgiving at least on 3. This was the first mild razor that i could get easily close in certain neck spots. Not sure why- maybe the safety bar design? First impressions are very good and the finish is liked and is growing on me. The thing shaves and looks like a tank. It's fairly heavy but balanced. Handle length is perfect for me as it is for other razors.

Overall great for the first shave but I need more time with it.

Plates 3 and 4 is what I use Mostly and the very same thoughts cross my mind each time. Truly a magical razor ain't it !

Congratulations on investing the 6S! You'll find you have a faithful loyal friend for life.

Plates 3 and 4 is what I use Mostly and the very same thoughts cross my mind each time. Truly a magical razor ain't it !
Thanks! Yea I'm hoping this continues but time will tell. I'll report back after more shaves. To be honest it surprised me in a good way.

A perfect razor for me would have the durability of the 6S, the comfort of R1 but the efficiency of at least R3.
On Monday I received the Henson Al13 mild, which ticks at least the latter 2 boxes. In order to remain minimalist, I sold my FOCS and will keep the 6S as back-up for the time being. I plan to go through a couple dozen blades with the Henson to see for myself what the talk about numbers and consistency is about. Still prefer the grip and weight of the Rockwell, still figure it would fare better if I skip a week of shaving. But shaving under the nose requires more time with the Rockwell vs the Henson. Also, as said, R1 cannot shave some parts of my face thoroughly enough, which the Al13 does with style. I can recommend both razors for sensitive skin; the Henson has the edge for fast daily shaves and the Rockwell for a fast 5d+ beard shave.

Another great shave this morning with my T2.
20220118_074836.jpg

We all love Rockwell 6s despite it might have its limitations which for me are the thick head, a bit heavy or a missing plate 7/8.

However I find it a great smooth razor at plate 4/5!

What other razor do you enjoy as much as a Rockwell 6s?

Bthw I wish someone could produce a 3d printing plate with settings 7/8.

I have read that some people wish there was a 7/8 plate for the Rockwell 6S.
I have started using shims in my Gillette Techs and seeing the improvement that makes.
Has anyone tried to use shims with the Rockwell 6S?

I usually use the 3 or 4 plate myself but thought I would throw the idea out there for those that would like the 7/8.

That's good to hear! Curious - What plate was it? What other razors to you enjoy?
Haha. Funny that you ask. Since its new to me I don't know if what I'm actually using is based on the number the faces the top-cap or the number that faces the handle.

In any case, 4 was facing the cap and 5 was facing the handle.

I don't know what constitutes "good" vs "bad" stainless. That said, even high quality stainless - like the 303 stainless used with ATT razors - has, for certain users on this forum, shown signs of rust. Not often, but it has been known to happen. I also own a 6S; I haven't noticed any signs of corrosion; but then again, I rinse and drain my razor daily.

With a neodymium magnet, my 6S shows no attraction.
That's strange. A magnet sticks to my 6S, sticks least on the smooth surfaces.

Top Bottom